[VIDEO] Need urgent help with DELL U2412M Debezel Mod

armartins

Weaksauce
YOUTUBE LINK: DELL U2412M monitor debezel mod
Hi guys. I need help, I was SO excited about finally going "extreme" in the quest for thinner bezels with a very low cost and effective solution. BUT, there's always a but, to my surprise the circuit board where the vesa mount is drilled isn't physically attached to the panel! Let me know if you have any solution, please watch the video. And for those of you that are asking yourself about how thin are the internal bezels of the monitor there's also a pic here since I didn't manage to flip the monitor during the video, and yes I'm holding the loose part with my thumbs against the panel in this photo. I've based my initial idea on the U2410 debezel mod, and yes I had looked for info about the U2412M and found nothing about removing the bezels from it, probably because it's a fairly "new" model.

I know you said using tape would void the warranty, but I can't really see a different solution which would be less warranty voiding. I took the front off one of mine, and the metal bezel was about 2/3rds the size of the plastic bezel anyway.. so haven't bothered doing a bezel strip so far..

Only other thing I can think of would be to bend a big sheet of aluminium to hold all 3 screens, hooked around the panel at the bottom, then provide your own shelf via another bend for the electronics to sit on.

Back