Video Games Will Cripple You For Life

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today’s “overreaction to interactive video games” article is brought to you by the fine folks at the Winnipeg Free Press. The article claims that you can sustain the same kind of injury playing the Wii as you can playing pro football. Sweet!

"Interactive video games are becoming increasingly more popular with a wide variety currently available," lead study author Dr. Patrick O'Toole wrote in an email to The Canadian Press. "These games are fun to play and differ significantly from traditional video games as the player must physically mimic movements in order to compete. Injuries sustained during these interactive games are likely to be similar to injuries sustained in real sports."

Heck, wii tenis will give you tennis elbow faster than just about anything else I have run into.

The game doesn't require it, but for some reason everyone tries to smash the ball harder.

Every interactive video games is going to have to come with a warning now: Warning physical movement may result in injury.

Today’s “overreaction to interactive video games” article is brought to you by the fine folks at the Winnipeg Free Press. The article claims that you can sustain the same kind of injury playing the Wii as you can playing pro football. Sweet!

Lmao same kind of injuries as football :confused:

When was the last time someone got a concussion from playing on the Wii?

And I don't mean drunken teenagers that get into a fight at a party i'm referring to normal people ;)

Right. Sedentary video games are much better for you.

Oh wait... there's those 65 strokes reported for non-interactive games. Article doesn't report sample sizes, but says there were 604 injuries from traditional games and 92 from "interactive" games (76 from wii). Sounds like traditional games are much worse for you, but as usual, this article is meaningless tripe. I wonder if the study actually had anything interesting to say.

I still get thumb injuries from console games..
and anyone remember the virtual boy?? The god awful awkward position you had to be in to play that.. I think I have a permanent angle in my neck from that thing and its stupid like 6" tripod..

Its funny how giving kids a helmet makes them invincible outside, but inside, god forbid they get a bit of exercise cause fatty fat fat couldnt qualify for a real basketball/football/tennis team.

Then I demand medals and compensation for my bravery in passing through countless FPSs.

I know a girl who broke her ankle (and had to have surgery) from Wii bowling.

This is what happens when couch potatoes try to get off the couch.

Watch for the inevitable cable channel commercials for the personal injury lawyers:

"I gained 40 pounds sitting on my arse eating Doritos playing Halo: Reach for a week straight and Jim Adler, The Texas Hammer, got me a $33,200 settlement."

Back