Video Games Saved This Man's Life

I think that EVERY time something amazing happens, we all need to just credit video games ;)

Notice how, even though no one was hurt, stupid ass news woman couldn't let the news go by without saying "oh yeah, someone was killed...somewhere else."

I was addicted to Cocaine before I found video games!

... then I had to go to rehab for WoW addiction :(

I like how they put a large circle around the truck crashing into the wall.

I would have missed it otherwise.

His reaction time needs to be faster other wise he'd get pwned in team DM.

What does this thread have to do about video games? Maybe his reflexes are naturally quick.

What does this thread have to do about video games? Maybe his reflexes are naturally quick.

If you clicked the link to the article, it says that in a telephone interview the guy said that all his years of playing videogames has paid off.

So which video game does that happen in exactly? Big Mutha Truckers 1 or 2?

im certain video games kept me from hitting a deer a month ago.

70mph over an empty interstate bridge admiring city christmas lights off to the right around 2 in the morning.

9 point buck about seen 3 car lengths in front of me, i swerve dodging the buck and then counter swerve missing the wall.

i had played team fortress 2 for three hours earlier that day, and i still had that nifty fast pattern recognition and dodge that all counter strike players are addicted to.

my response felt identical. and i thanked video games.

I bet this guy gets to never again get bothered while he is play Forza on his Xbox and ... might even get some dome while he is at it.

Good looking out guy. You did well.

Looks to be straight out of Burnout.

or even that quickly forgotten game Split Second.

but shit, he was just lucky he had so much distance and no cars next to him.

I think he's even more lucky there was no traffic in the right hand lane when that occured.

Yes, that was a good miss but why was the driver and not his passenger recording? That makes it even better in a way, he was recording AND still missed the truck.

Makes you wonder..... It's almost certain that lots of people have died going to buy a video game at ebgames or best buy... at least 5 I bet. All for the sake of "the game"

Remember he said: "I THINK all those years playing video games as a kid helped me".
I must reckon they have helped my driving on the 405 and I've been only driving for 2 years.

Show me one person who's life has been saved by video games and I'll show you a hundred fat virgins who'll keel over from diabetes in their parent's basement before living long enough to venture out into the sun.

"Tonight on Ice Road Truckers, something FINALLY happens. Also, Lisa Kelly is a pretty trucker who's also a girl."

yeah I usually credit my years of Gran Turismo and instant reflexes from playing mega man as to why I have avoided a few accidents in my life.

It's up to those persons to live their lives as they wish and it's their responsibility. So fuck 'em.

Sorry, I forgot the board rules about curse words, etc. Feel free to delete/ban.
Anyways humans are free to chose their level of awareness and whether to live or not.

Who drives with a camera rolling except for police officers?

people who are paranoid about insurance claims...... e.g shitheads who run out in front of your car, trying to make a quick buck.

it's actually a good practice if you have the equipment.

That just means that these people are going to end up dying in some other freak accident, like slipping into their tub while a bottle of drain-o pours down their neck ..

.. what, no-one saw that movie? Damnit.

I like the conversation after the fact:

ARE YOU OKAY??

<angry>

YES. HOLY FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Back