Video Games Cause Children To Rob Banks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here we have it folks, absolute PROOF that video games turn kids into murderous villains. Thank god they included a screenshot of GTA V to drive the point home....well, that and the helpful "call-of-duty-resident-evil-video-game" added to the URL. :rolleyes:

A boy of 15 who robbed a bank may have been acting out a video game, a judge said yesterday. The teenager burst into a branch of Barclays and pointed a fake handgun at terrified cashiers while demanding cash.

I think all of the liberals in hollywood glorifying and profiting from gun violence is the reason he did this. ;)

Yeah, happens all the time round here.
6 year olds print guns and the virtual bullets they buy in iPad games result in real deliveries.
Its all too easy.

Theres always going to be one moron who is inevitably going to end up in prison.
You have to be a prize tw@t to think you can get away with it lol.
If you take away things that otherwise occupy them, they have more time being bored to do more bad.
Blame computers for delaying the inevitable :p

If we didn't have video games, the article would have pointed at violence on tv and movies, and if we didn't have tv or movies it would be violence he read about in a book or newspaper.

Prosecutor stated ‘He wanted the money because he was jealous of other people who had material things he wanted.’ Pretty much a case of doing stupid to shortcut getting stuff he wanted.

To expose the idiocy of the claim.
Without any discussion, those who push this way of thinking get the sheep (general population) following them.
Someone has to set the record straight, where else is it going to occur if not on websites like this?

To expose the idiocy of the claim.
Without any discussion, those who push this way of thinking get the sheep (general population) following them.
Someone has to set the record straight, where else is it going to occur if not on websites like this?

I'm not questioning the discussion in this thread, but those who would bring up any correlation between bank robberies and video games. Why try to imply that the two are related? To ban the sale of video games? To repeal the 1st amendment? It's madness.

Ah, I agree.
Even intelligent lawmakers can get the wrong end of the stick.
If they dont have enough experience in related areas, they are reliant upon the opinions of their peers.
We end up being the voice of reason if the newspapers pick up on it, so a loud voice is a good one.

pff please, when I go on crime sprees it's from all the legally prescribed amphetamines I've been snorting

One word out of the first sentance says it all.
"A boy of 15 who robbed a bank MAY have been acting out a video game, a judge said yesterday."

He MAY have turned the tv on when a bank robbery show was on the discovery channel.
He MAY have heard a kid at school say "I dare ya to walk into the bank with a plastic gun"
He MAY have just been abducted by aliens and forgot to put his tinfoil hat back on.

I guess we'll never know...

Right because nobody ever robbed a bank before the Xbox came out. Frank and Jesse James were real big Call of Duty players.

That's why its rated M game. Parent's are to blame, not the children. They shouldn't have access to game like this until they're mature enough.

link is to the Mail which is a UK tabloid so yea click bate

This subject is so tired that people just roll their eyes now.

All this article serves is to generate more publicity for and increase sales of GTA5.

That's why its rated M game. Parent's are to blame, not the children. They shouldn't have access to game like this until they're mature enough.

Kid's 15, he's damn old enough to be blamed imo.

I think I'm gonna go out this lunchtime and rob a bank! You see, I read about a bank robbery on the Daily Mail website and it influenced me!

Proof that the News causes violence!

video games can make kids rob banks??? SWEET!

now i can train an army of little al capones to rob banks for me and take the fall for it!

He should have put huge-tits-penis-expansion-miley-cyrus-nudes in his url too. It would have helped his cred.

I think it's painfully obvious why this happened...

It's the banks fault! If they didn't keep all that money in one place there wouldn't be any temptation to rob them banks are a crime waiting to happen and they're just telling the world "here is the place you need to rob"

Prosecutor stated ‘He wanted the money because he was jealous of other people who had material things he wanted.’ Pretty much a case of doing stupid to shortcut getting stuff he wanted.

Materialism...

Can't just appreciate what you do have.

parents are not to blame.

Schools are to blame. By age 15, this kid should have been taught by his school already

This is just a diversion. We all learn what we know from our parents and teachers. A kid does crime, look at the parents. A kid is a bully, look at the teachers.

He wanted the money because he was jealous of other people who had material things he wanted.

They can't just take him at his word. That would be too simplistic. It must be something else... something that fits with their perverse worldview. Yeah, let's blame video games again! He had to be acting something out. It couldn't possibly be that he's at fault for his own actions. :rolleyes:

The problem is people don't want to admit and be responsible for their actions. This caused me to do that; that caused me to do this...blah blah blah. The also do say the same bs about guns too... like the gun actually killed someone on it's own.

Back