Video Games are In the Blacksploitation Era

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
90nnFdQ.jpg

Not exactly complaining, but think how many new games are shoehorning in stereotypical black characters. Almost always, they aren't in the slightest bit nuanced, just a cookie cutter stereotype from the 70s. Does the game industry thing so little of us?

After Goymergate they can't let it alone eh...
Virtue signalling has infected so many places it turns more and more off. They'll learn in due course.

After Goymergate they can't let it alone eh...
Virtue signalling has infected so many places it turns more and more off. They'll learn in due course.
ikr, like I truly dont care if there's a minority main character if it makes sense in the game's narrative. But overly shoehorning just makes me wan to blow it off.

Meh. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'll play as a fluorescent pink transgender alien if the gameplay is good. People will still find things to bitch about.

Meh. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'll play as a fluorescent pink transgender alien if the gameplay is good. People will still find things to bitch about.
well imo, the over abundance of forced "diveristy" is evidence that the game industry is not interested in making "good" games but rather "inclusive" ones. Just look at the last mass effect.

ikr, like I truly dont care if there's a minority main character if it makes sense in the game's narrative. But overly shoehorning just makes me wan to blow it off.

E.g. Alyx in HL2. One of the first that I can remember as it was a little unexpected (in those days). I have no problems with that or even a main character(s) etc as needed. But when every damn modern game has to have it now... yeah that's not just a coincidence. That's our favourite 'globalists' pushing their agenda via imagery and normalisation in games.

What's next, a refugee saves the world from ebil nadzees in an EU based game?

90nnFdQ.jpg

Not exactly complaining, but think how many new games are shoehorning in stereotypical black characters. Almost always, they aren't in the slightest bit nuanced, just a cookie cutter stereotype from the 70s. Does the game industry thing so little of us?

Are you black?

from the 70s? that is a natural hairstyle, tons and tons of people have that going on, just met a girl who looks like that

oh, for whatever it's worth she is actually into video games, as are more and more females...

Don't know what this has to do with the topic of the thread.

One thing this picture proves, though, is that because they're all "fucking white males" they're allowed to have a lot of diversity in appearance and background. Try making a flawed black gay woman in a game in the current political climate without making her sexuality and race front-and-center for her motivations.

He's probably a fucking white male. I bet you he's cis gendered as well. Like a literal Nazi.
I'm thinking more overweight 45 yr old Asian female that's never been kissed. And yes, her glasses burn ants.

90nnFdQ.jpg

Last time i was on campus, i saw that same haircut everywhere. Coincidence? *shrug*

How is that exploitation? For one it's only 1 character in those games and it's also a look that is still fairly common today. There are plenty of other options for black characters that look different.

Hell look at Mass Effect's male Ryder. He's the stereotypical white hipster girly man right down to the patchy beard. All he's missing is a man-in. Should I as a white dude be offended? My beards not patchy.

Video games have always had larger than life characters in their fantasy worlds. As long as the game doesn't go into the "This ethnic group is naturally stupid" stereotypes, then it's fine with me. To be exact it makes the games more interesting to me if it is done tastefully.

don't all those games in the first post (except for Beyond Good and Evil 2) take place in the 70's or in the past?...so isn't it an accurate depiction of the time period?...

don't all those games in the first post (except for Beyond Good and Evil 2) take place in the 70's or in the past?...so isn't it an accurate depiction of the time period?...
Except Wolfenstein takes place in an alternate history where I'm sure that the Civil Rights movement and "black beauty" never happened.

Except Wolfenstein takes place in an alternate history where I'm sure that the Civil Rights movement and "black beauty" never happened.

When it comes to the newer Wolfenstein games, I don't think any assumption is safe as to what did and did not happen.

Why can't people just play some motherfucking video games and leave the politics out of them? That's why I play games: to escape real life bullshit. I don't care if the main character is a black male who loves white dicks in his poop chute running around killing hippy vegans with his AR-47 and AK-15. If it's fun, what the fuck do I care?

https://preview.************/fCbmyQ/1497454412740.jpg
An updated picture, here comes diversity

A lot of those games are in a particular time period where that style was in fashion. Unless you're trying to tell me that not everyone had afros in the late 60's/early 70's. How dare you mess with my completely made-up from pop-culture films memories of that era.

Video games have always had larger than life characters in their fantasy worlds. As long as the game doesn't go into the "This ethnic group is naturally stupid" stereotypes, then it's fine with me. To be exact it makes the games more interesting to me if it is done tastefully.
Many aren't so tasteful, I liked how if you made a white guy in nba 2k16 you would still have black twin sister and parents lol. It makes it a lot less interesting when everyone is doing the same obvious pandering.

E.g. Alyx in HL2. One of the first that I can remember as it was a little unexpected (in those days). I have no problems with that or even a main character(s) etc as needed. But when every damn modern game has to have it now... yeah that's not just a coincidence. That's our favourite 'globalists' pushing their agenda via imagery and normalisation in games.

What's next, a refugee saves the world from ebil nadzees in an EU based game?
It has nothing to do with globalism though. Globalism is mostly only concerned with economics. It has nothing to do with identity politics. Even if there is some overlap between the followers.

It has nothing to do with globalism though. Globalism is mostly only concerned with economics. It has nothing to do with identity politics. Even if there is some overlap between the followers.
Though on paper they are separate, in practice globalism and multiculturalism has always gone hand-in-hand.

Though on paper they are separate, in practice globalism and multiculturalism has always gone hand-in-hand.
Multi culturalism is not identity politics. Multi culturalism has it's issues and drawbacks, but it's nowhere nearly as detrimental or dangerous as identity politics.
I'd say multi culturalism is the price we pay for having a stable economy.
You can't have a stable economy without globalism, as if you say "all I care about is me, and don't care how the others get by" then you're creating enemies. The ones outside of your bubble will hate you and want to take away your wealth. The only way I see for global stability is noone left outside the bubble to fend for themselves.

As a middle-class white male with blonde hair and green eyes, I find it deplorable that mainstream media can't find very many suitable roles for other middle-class white males with blonde hair and green eyes unless we're shoe-horned in.

It's frustrating.

As I said. You can't please sjws.
Few black characters: That's racist!
Many black characters: That's exploitation!

Back