Video Games Are 'Electronic Child Molesters'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Notice me, notice me, notice me, won't someone please notice me, notice me, notice me, VIDEO GAMES ARE ELECTRONIC CHILD MOLESTORS! There, I think that worked.

“We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,” Nader said. He added: “I’m not saying he wants to censor this, I think he should sensitize people that they should protect their children family by family from these kinds of electronic child molesters.”

Didn't Nader die in a rear end Pinto crash years ago? must be keeping his head in a jar to make irrelevant comments when things get slow in the news.

Because being a child molester, I suppose he'd know.

Why is everyone a child molester and everyone accusing people of it, because everything else is too watered down now? Using terms like this just makes no one give a crap about legitimate cases, so he's obviously trying to legitimize his activities.

Incredible. When you don't have a good reasoning to support your ideas, just throw in a child molesting accusation so people will support it.

I wonder where our current civilization is headed. The social forecast so far looks grim.

Meh, VG industry is just reacting to what people might want. It is up to the buyer and parents if they want to see/play it. Besides, I thought the Gov was a big supporter of VGs, you know, remote control killer drones? The ones were you sit behind a TV and kill a real person from miles and miles away in the name of safety, freedom, and to save an American soldier's life. Maybe Nader and the rest of the pollies should make war upfront ,personal and bloody. This way they can see what the real enemy is.

Thank you for contributing to the death of American industry, Nader. The effects of your efforts are still being felt today.

Another old man who's scared of what the "kids" like. It's barely news at this point. Here I am, 40 years old, and Ralph Nader makes me feel young.

AH HA!! I WAS RIGHT!!! VIDEO GAMES ARE ASSAULTING OUR CHILDREN!!!

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THE FUCK THAT HOLE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME DISK WAS FOR, NOW I KNOW!!!

THANK YOU FOX NEWS!!!

It was never about "the cause" with Nader,like so many activists,it was a means to stroke his ego. He's pretty much irrelevant and unnoticed these days,so he's seizing on the current popular media scapegoat in a desperate bid for attention.

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THE FUCK THAT HOLE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME DISK WAS FOR, NOW I KNOW!!!

THANK YOU FOX NEWS!!!

Your posts are always pure gold! Please don't ever stop...they're awesome! :D

THANK YOU FOX NEWS!!!

It's also why the controllers vibrate.

THANK YOU FOX NEWS!!!

I KNOW!!! THATS WHY ALL CONTROLLERS HAVE VIBRATE FUNCTIONS!!!

ITS LIKE NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT ARE RAPING CHILDREN AND WTF IS THIIS?!?!?!!!!

165px-PlayStation-Move-Controller.png

It's a shame because he and Ron Paul have some good ideas but they get drowned out by dementia like comments like this.

Glenn Beck is the same. Some good ideas but just so extreme it just feels crazy and I shut him out.

It's a shame because he and Ron Paul have some good ideas but they get drowned out by dementia like comments like this.

Glenn Beck is the same. Some good ideas but just so extreme it just feels crazy and I shut him out.

None of those people are at all similar.

Um...Ralph Nader and Glenn Beck could not be farther apart in their ideological viewpoints...same for Nader and Paul. And if you can't simply judge their arguments on their own without taking into account the comments of millions of assholes on the internet, you're not too interested to begin with.

Yep you want to get a rise out of people you through out,child molester, or Hitler. then bam people freak out, wether its news worthy or not.

also its great way to kill a conversation if someone won't shut about something, then just casually say "oh you know who likes/does that, child molesters/Hitler."

they will then goggle at you, sputter a bit, and either get super offended and leave or laugh and talk about something else.

works wonders on those annoying vegetarians that think they are gods among men. (especially since Hitler was a vegetarian)

any way if you inject an offensive/hot button topic into even the most mundane thing then people notice. the media does it every day. and wtf nader is half in the grave and he still is a media where

Um...Ralph Nader and Glenn Beck could not be farther apart in their ideological viewpoints...same for Nader and Paul. And if you can't simply judge their arguments on their own without taking into account the comments of millions of assholes on the internet, you're not too interested to begin with.

You mean a batshit insane old white man, a batshit insane old white man, and a batshit insane old white man are completely different?

All three are wacko extremists who should have been sent to Gitmo years ago because of their dangerous views and influence. Who cares if their ideologies are left or right?

You mean a batshit insane old white man, a batshit insane old white man, and a batshit insane old white man are completely different?

All three are wacko extremists who should have been sent to Gitmo years ago because of their dangerous views and influence. Who cares if their ideologies are left or right?

Don't be such a commie.

I think people get a little butt hurt over any negative video game comments around here. There are reasons that these violent video games are rated 18+, it's just parents let their kids play them, I've played video games my whole life and only till i was in high school did my parents let me play any FPS games.

Gitmo = Gulag. Beck, Nader, Paul = political prisoners. March them down the Road of Bones, Red Machine D!

Yeah, I didn't even want to acknowledge his awesome plan of "send people to a political prison if I don't like their views!"

They do say that Stalin is making a comeback with the youths of Russia.

"Electronic" :D like a term from the 1950s. :rolleyes: Politicians are so far out of touch.

Wow, just lost any respect for him :(

Sounds like you never knew anything about him. I noticed <I>Unsafe at any Speed</I> in a used bookstore in the 1990s and found out that he is an existential proof of "just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you are not paranoid". While the US auto industry was deathly afraid of remind the consumer about safety (and paying a cent to avoid thousands of deaths), he basically described it as pure bloodthirst.

His "political campaigns should be run with zero money" program has basically been a case of "my way or the highway" (typically with Nader's Raiders getting run over). While he was successful in getting George W. Bush elected, it didn't take him to part two of his cunning plan "America will repent of corporate government and fall on its knees to make Nader supreme leader" in the wake of W's destruction.

Who the hell is Nader? I know this means my Canadian is showing, but at this point I'm wondering why people are posting anything he says.

And really, if people want to resolve problems, they need to stop going for easy targets and just try to work through realistic resolutions that don't rely entirely on censorship.

I wonder how long before Chris Hansen gets involved?

Poor Halo had no idea what was coming when he was offered some cookies and lemonaid.

Who the hell is Nader? I know this means my Canadian is showing, but at this point I'm wondering why people are posting anything he says.

And really, if people want to resolve problems, they need to stop going for easy targets and just try to work through realistic resolutions that don't rely entirely on censorship.

He was a left-wing activist and "consumer rights" activist back in the 1960s and 1970s. Among his more noted works included a book called "Unsafe at Any Speed", which was basically a diatribe lamenting the lack of safety and environmental features in automobiles at the time. The result was that the government started forcing all kinds of safety and environmental features on American-made cars, and it took only a matter of years before overseas competitors, unburdened by those regulations, made our car industry into a laughingstock.

He's also been running for president practically every election since 1980. Nobody ever takes him seriously, largely because when he goes on his anti-corporate rants, he never stops until he's outed every CEO as a Jew Illuminati New World Order mastermind.

Oh no repressed memories coming back!

We should start a class action lawsuit of people who have been, or know people who have been, or assume other people have been sexually advanced upon by inanimate objects!!!

That looks like it would frequently require new batteries.

It has it's own batteries that are charged by USB, and eeeven has infinate power by being left plugged in! Sony obviously designed it with multiple hour sex sessions in mind, which would leave individuals confused why normal people only lasted 2 minutes, ruining them psychologically. :eek:

wait.. so comics and D&D are good now? :p

Apparently next year Linux will be the desktop everyone uses. So you know, I think D&D is accepted now! :D

What's all the ruckus about? Is there a newly released Pedo edition of Leisure Suit Larry?

I think people get a little butt hurt over any negative video game comments around here. There are reasons that these violent video games are rated 18+, it's just parents let their kids play them, I've played video games my whole life and only till i was in high school did my parents let me play any FPS games.

If I see a kid playing GTA (and I have), I think "What a failure his/her parents must be." Same for extremely young kids (to me, under the age of about 12) watching R-rated movies.

Should the government get involved? No. (Remember, the ratings systems were created voluntarily to avoid legislation).

Does that mean kids should have carte blance access to violent media? Also no. There's such thing as "age-appropriate." Parents who don't understand that are doing their children a disservice.

Back