Video Editing Software?

Deads0uls

Limp Gawd
Looking for recommendations for NLE Video software, specifically, for editing AVCHD 1920x1080 video.

I've tried PowerDirector 8 which crashed constantly.

I've tried Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 which with a few file modifications seems to work okay. I've been able to render .mp4 videos in HD.

Any other ones I should check out?

Nah, i was going to recommend vegas studio 9, its sexylicious

I completely recommend Sony software also, I started with Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum and then upgraded to Vegas Pro 9. Sony's workflow is very nice and if you are doing any semi-pro work for profit, I would suggest spending the extra bucks for Pro. On the other hand if you are mainly doing personal home stuff then Vegas Movie Studio is plenty.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com

I am only editing home movies. I like how Vegas Pro offers unlimited tracks but for the price Movie Studio is a better choice.

I perused through Adobe's website & forums regarding Premiere Elements 8. There were a lot of complaints regarding stability when editing AVCHD.

Ultimately, I made the decision to purchase Vegas Movie Studio. I ordered the Pro pack which includes 3D transitions & sounds effects.

Thanks for the information!

You want to transcode the AVCHD footage to something that is easier to edit.
CineForm has a very good transcoder program called Neoscene, transcode it then you edit in what every program you see fit.

Edius Neo2 is an inexpensive video editor that is pretty easy to use.

I recommend sony vegas pro as well. Learning curve isn't that steep, and it renders in a lot of file formats.

Back