Video Card to Play System Shock 2?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
My home computer specs are in my sig.

Whats a good upgrade to a GTX 760?

The main games I play are System Shock 2 and Icewind Dale.

My current video card is too damn loud. What is the best fanless video card?

My home computer specs are in my sig.

Whats a good upgrade to a GTX 760?

The main games I play are System Shock 2 and Icewind Dale.

My current video card is too damn loud. What is the best fanless video card?

So, umm, any video card that is an upgrade to the 760 would not be fanless. That said, I doubt much is needed for System Shock 2 or Icewind Dale, as both were released 15 years ago, probably could play them easily with the on-board video of the computer

That said, if you really are looking to upgrade, what's your budget?

You can play both of those games on integrated graphics at this point. You could swap out the current 760 for a semi passive unit like an Asus Strix, or move down to a passive 750 Ti.

you need at least a dual GPU card to play System Shock 2 or Icewind Dale maxed out...probably tri-SLI...in fact I don't think a video card has been released yet that can handle the eye candy of those games

R9 295x at minimum. The only other upgrade worth anything at this point is quad 980 and be ready to sell them since they won't hold you for long! A good rule of thumb is that if the heat from your video cards isn't making icewind dale into tropicalwind dale then you're doing it wrong.

haha thought this question came from the early 2000's, was like, WTF assuming my HTC One could play these at max settings.

I'd probably try unplugging the 760 and use iGPU for those games.

Or get a card that fan's auto switch off when the GPU is not under load (EG MSI or Asus Strix 970 or 980)

The motherboard doesn't have an igpu. Too damn loud.

Basically what is the quietest high end video card around?

Prob 970. Msi or asus will keep the fans off until under a good amount of stress.

OP, you need something like this :

Rig_11-15-14_1.jpg

I like that. Anything more powerful or is that it?

I don't believe you'll be able to get any passively cooled 760's or 960's. The next step up you would need a semi passive cooler like the Asus Strix line.

Back