Video Card that Defaults to TV-out..

Veeb0rg

2[H]4U
Most cards i've messed with default to VGA if they don't detect resistance on the tvout port.

I use one of them rf modulators thats automatic *turns on when it sense signal*.

unfortunatly the only way to get it to work is to plug the pc into the vcr, turn the pc on, then unplug it from the vcr and into the modulator..

does anyone know of a card that will default to the tv out or can be modified to?

Veeb0rg said:
Most cards i've messed with default to VGA if they don't detect resistance on the tvout port.

I use one of them rf modulators thats automatic *turns on when it sense signal*.

unfortunatly the only way to get it to work is to plug the pc into the vcr, turn the pc on, then unplug it from the vcr and into the modulator..

does anyone know of a card that will default to the tv out or can be modified to?

don't the majority of nvidia cards do this by default?

If I turned off vga completely it worked for me I just use vnc to connect if I really have to,

I just built a HTPC with a 5200 and it turns on the TV just fine with no VGA cable plugged in at all....I was thinking the same thing, that I would i have to have a VGA source in for it bring up TV...but it doesnt

My Nvidia 5900 defaults to the Svideo out BEFORE the VGA out for some reason. It's kind of annoying, but does do exactly what you're looking for. This might be a reference BIOS problem, or solution, depending on how you look at it.

Back