Video card squeals during gaming

darknite

Gawd
Whenever i play certain games my video card makes this high pitched sqealing sound.
From the actual card. Not the speakers.
it is overclocked right now but still does it at stock settings.
Even when the whole system is at stock settings.

My sound card also makes a sqealing, and sometimes, but not often popping sound thru the speakers.
the sound card one is for example in COD 2, during the loading screens....like a bzzzzzzz.

Ive tried a few things with the sound card, but anyone know about the video card?

Specs.
A7N8X-E deluxe
2800 barton @ 2.3
EVGA 6800
2x512 ram
audigy 2 zs
2 Hdd on sata
dvd/rw and dvd/rom

How high did you overclock it? What was the original clock?

Is anything touching either of the cards?

At first i though it may be the fan, but then the sound card... o_O ?

The KT7/KT7A, Via chipset had some latency issues, and that caused some issues with the soundblaster cards. The problem with them was access time for the buss was a little off, and on some systems caused some sound glitches when the HDD was being accessed. Since you are running an Invidia chipset I would suspect something in the bios is set wrong, or you are getting a driver conflict. As for the squeal from the video card, i suspect a broken solder joint somewhere, or a capacitor going out. Good luck finding your gremlins!

nothing is touching any of the cards, the card is clocked at 773 and 400? off top of my head
but like i said it does it also at stock settings
adn teh fan is spinngin fine, noisy for my taste but runs cool i guess. 51c idle
i dont see any physical damage either to it

Back