Video Card Prices to Rise

It's not gouging. They're running a business, and are legally obligated to maximize value for shareholders.

Nvidia didn't bump prices anyway. It's all the points in between the fab and the store: the manufacturer/OEM, the distributor, the retailer - all adjust the price due to this thing called supply and demand.
So I'm confused. I didn't post that. How did you quote me saying that?

I got a 580 for $250 from the egg during black friday sale, with the intent of picking up another with gift cards I received for christmas. Hell, that same card is going for $500 now.

Guess I shouldn't be whining too much. Games aren't any more demanding than they were 4 years ago and my 290x is still handling things.
I timed it just right and swapped 2x 290X and 2x 390 for 4x 1080 for very little out of pocket.
Between mining, and crazy a*s DDR4 prices, I'll be holding on to my existing hardware for a good long while.

Nvidia already knows they can get $800 for 1080TI in this environment - they are sold out EVERYWHERE right now at $800

EVERYWHERE? ... not so much. Try Newegg ... MSI 3-fan cooler GTX 1080 Ti currently posted there for $750

I got a 580 for $250 from the egg during black friday sale, with the intent of picking up another with gift cards I received for christmas. Hell, that same card is going for $500 now.

Time to up sale & get what you really want :)

Dont buy anything till consumer volta.
Nvidia is milking pascal so hard its embarrasing.

Thing is though, Volta is going to have limited stock at launch & sell out the first day. Then after a month or so when stock is available prices are going to skyrocket again.

"Thing is though, Volta is going to have limited stock at launch & sell out the first day. Then after a month or so when stock is available prices are going to skyrocket again."
In most releases, yes limited stock.
This one has been milked so long though, I really dont expect stock issues.
To make the most cash Nvidia will release the 2080 first, at a price point that is beyond what most gamers are willing to pay ($650). And after the nipple has been milked enough they will let the 2070 release, for $500 or $550 (Welcome to the new midrange).

Prices of components has gotten crazy over all. My 750ti does what I need it to for the most part but maybe I should grab a 1050ti before they are all gone too.

I had no plans on upgrading my GTX 1070 until Volta anyway so I'm fine with it...I should probably sell my GTX 970 now to some thirsty mining folks

Back