Video Card Packaging & Foam Inserts

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
Anyone know where one can buy video card sized (2-slot minimum) boxes with foam inserts / cut-outs?

It finally happened, I inherited a video card (EVGA RTX 2070 XC Black) that didn't include the original packaging (other than the outer sleeve). So I was wondering where I can get a suitable box (plain, unbranded, preferably black) with a padded insert (preferably cut-out)? Part of 'my brand' when I sell things is to preserve as much of the unboxing experience as possible. Even if the buyer doesn't care, I still do. Just feels wrong to me to sell my hardware in any other way.

This is not about "how to ship a video card," just looking for package materials that are as close to OEM as possible.

TIA!

Last edited:
Thanks, for the foam it looks like Pick 'n Pluck foam might be suitable. It doesn't have the OEM aeshetic, but since I do not have the tools to cleanly cut foam myself, this will have to work. It's basically pre-cut cubes that you pluck out yourself to get a custom fit.

upload_2019-10-15_8-5-20.png

(Edit) The boxes linked are awesome, but the colored boxes appear to be bulk orders of 10 boxes / order, which is about $30. :(

Last edited:
Go to your local fabric or craft shop. They should have bulk foam to cut to size and you can make a smaller box from a bigger box.

plain old packing foam and an Exacto knife work well and both are pretty cheap

Back