Video Card for Dual 24-Inch Monitors

GCTonyHawk7

Limp Gawd
Hey, I am actually looking at the market of monitors these days. I've gone from wanting various things, but I think I have decided that I want dual 24 inch. Yes, that is insane, but what the hell; I love big screens. That would be 3840x1200 resolution; damn that is a lot of screen space. Can you imagine?

410jyUPdjOL._AA280_.jpg
410jyUPdjOL._AA280_.jpg

Anyhow, I got to thinking. Running those big monitors must take a decent amount of video power. I have an nVidia 7600GS graphics card with dual DVI ports. Should I be fine running two 24 inchers?

Hopefully someone can help me out here. Here is a link to the graphics card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127210R

PS: What do you think of the Sammy 245BW? I want to keep it under $1000 for two monitors shipped.

Any dual-DVI card will power them, but what are you planning on doing with them? For simple Windows work, your 7600 is fine. To game on ONE screen, you might even scrape by (depending on the game and what settings you consider acceptable). Just please, PLEASE don't try to run any games spanned across both monitors- it'll be unpleasant because of the bezel, and your graphics card will beg for mercy with that kind of resolution. For the love of god, THINK OF THE PIXELS!

BTW, considering the 245BW myself- just saw the display at Costco, and it's pretty nice. I think it's a bit clunky and will probably stick with a 22" model (216BW or 226CW), but that's personal preference.

Oh ya, forgot to mention that. I really don't game on my PC, so that is not a problem. Video editing, photoshop, audio editing, photography, that sort of stuff.

The more monitor that I have, the better.

Back