Video card for Dell Poweredge 2950 Gen III

I'd like to be able to work with this system with the monitors plugged directly into it and not have to use another computer to connect to them - though I will connect to some of the VM's from another machine. I'm thinking of someting like 3 19-21" monitors for the VM's and then a smaller 15" 1280x1024 monitor for the hypervisor monitor. So I need a video card that will support this. The system has a VGA port ati es1000 supports 1600x1200 @ 16bit or - 1280x1024 @ 32 bit

So I need to find a video card that will handle this (USB3 option???

The system has dual quad core 3Ghz (or 2.66Ghz - not sure) and 32GB ram, it has 6 3.5" SAS HD slots w/ Perc 6i controller, dual 750W PSU's, dual 1Gbps Intel ethernet ports and I thikn 2 x8 PCI-E connectorts and one x4. 4x1Gbps network card.

I need a lab computer to do various tech work (Linux admin, testing hardware - hard drives, USB drives, burning CD/DVD/Blu-Ray, Scanning HD's and anything else that a benchtop technicians PC might do.

I'm considering running VMware ESXi as the hypervisor and then running various OS's in VM's on top of that

I'd like to be able to use it as a standard desktop machine for things like Internet, OpenOffice suite, Play videos/movies, network administration (controlling router & switch). I'll be running a Linux distro of some kind.

1st OS - general computer for Internet, word processing, movies, music, online apps, graphics editing, etc -
2nd OS - Kali-Linux or similar
3rd OS - hardware testing (test HD's, AV scans & other scans, basically a techniciant benchtop machine
4th OS - Router possibly or IDS/IPS & any other network related software
5th OS - Server of some kind (NAS connected to one ethernet port)
6th OS - Windows 7 machine for Windows based programs (not games) things like Photoshop and Windows only software

Back