Video Card for 4K monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by isai95, Oct 12, 2017.

1. isai95

isai95 Limp Gawd

Hi guys,

I want to get if it is possible a silence video car for a 43" 4K monitor, no gaming here, just reading and some photography stuff. I'm looking to get the ACER ET430K. Thanks.

2. yowen

yowen Limp Gawd

A Geforce 1030 can be bought low profile and with passive cooling.

I did just become aware that for certain things to run at 4K, Netflix being one of them, you need at least a 3GB card. I don't know if that's just to get GPU acceleration or if it simply won't work unless you have 3GB+

3. isai95

isai95 Limp Gawd

yowen,

Thanks for your prompt response. So, if I want to run Netflix @ 4K do I have to go with a high end card then? or could I get away with something with a fan but cheaper? Which other video cards would you recommend me no more expensive than this Geforce 1030? Thanks!

4. yowen

yowen Limp Gawd

After some googling, it seems that you need a 3GB+ card from Nvidia for 4K Netflix, so that means at least a GTX 1050 TI. The non-TI only has 2GB.

It may be cheaper to get a 4K streaming device from Amazon or Roku or something.

I'd let a few other people expand on this, my knowledge on this is fairly new and limited.

5. AlphaQup

AlphaQup [H]Lite

Ditto on the 1050Ti recommendation, i have one in my primary rig to drive 2 additional displays for photoshop/photo editing, and yep, great little card for the money.

6. Nuby1Canuby

Nuby1Canuby Gawd

Looks like the Radeon RX 550 4GB is $50 less then the 1050 TI.