Video Card for 4K monitor

isai95

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I want to get if it is possible a silence video car for a 43" 4K monitor, no gaming here, just reading and some photography stuff. I'm looking to get the ACER ET430K. Thanks.

A Geforce 1030 can be bought low profile and with passive cooling.

I did just become aware that for certain things to run at 4K, Netflix being one of them, you need at least a 3GB card. I don't know if that's just to get GPU acceleration or if it simply won't work unless you have 3GB+

A Geforce 1030 can be bought low profile and with passive cooling.

I did just become aware that for certain things to run at 4K, Netflix being one of them, you need at least a 3GB card. I don't know if that's just to get GPU acceleration or if it simply won't work unless you have 3GB+
yowen,

Thanks for your prompt response. So, if I want to run Netflix @ 4K do I have to go with a high end card then? or could I get away with something with a fan but cheaper? Which other video cards would you recommend me no more expensive than this Geforce 1030? Thanks!

After some googling, it seems that you need a 3GB+ card from Nvidia for 4K Netflix, so that means at least a GTX 1050 TI. The non-TI only has 2GB.

It may be cheaper to get a 4K streaming device from Amazon or Roku or something.

I'd let a few other people expand on this, my knowledge on this is fairly new and limited.

Ditto on the 1050Ti recommendation, i have one in my primary rig to drive 2 additional displays for photoshop/photo editing, and yep, great little card for the money.

Back