video card doesn't fit on my slot (help)

bennetvu

Limp Gawd
I just bought a HP compaq DC7700 small form factor PC and an ATI X300 but the metal part is too long for the PC, what type of video do I need to look for? thanks

the card itself of the metal bracket which connects in the back?

the card itself of the metal bracket which connects in the back?

Good point! coz when I got gx2 a while ago it didnt fit in my case(HDs "shelves" were in the way), so I had to use pliers to rip em out and now hd is sitting not attached. Got cuts allover my hands, but it was worth it at the time:p

The card fits fine in the motherboard but not the metal that attaches with the card. So I need to look for a low profile card. Thanks

eh
it should fit
all of those metal brackets are standard for every case.
just fiddle around with it. also in some cases(mostly prebuilt) there is alittle aluminum annoying bracket thing on the slots. you can easily rip it out with pliers. it is extremely useless so try that and there you go.ill get a picture to show you.

EDIT: forget all of that, i forgot it was small form factor, and yes you need a low profile card.

eh
it should fit
all of those metal brackets are standard for every case.
just fiddle around with it. also in some cases(mostly prebuilt) there is alittle aluminum annoying bracket thing on the slots. you can easily rip it out with pliers. it is extremely useless so try that and there you go.ill get a picture to show you.

Please show me a picture/pictures asap. Thanks

Back