Video card brand in your first PC?

What brand of video card was in your first PC (no onboard)

• Total voters
I'm so sorry. ;)
haha this was in like 2003? it was my parents first legit computer and i was just happy it had a dedicated gpu. it served its purpose with hours upon hours of counterstrike and delta force joint operations. Once oblivion came out i upgraded to an x700. I still have that card as a memento of the first gpu i bought with my own money lol.

haha this was in like 2003? it was my parents first legit computer and i was just happy it had a dedicated gpu. it served its purpose with hours upon hours of counterstrike and delta force joint operations. Once oblivion came out i upgraded to an x700. I still have that card as a memento of the first gpu i bought with my own money lol.

geforce 6 was good though, the all in wonder pro was in my family PC when I was 6 i think, I don't remember what came next, another all in wonder i guess, I have vague memory of a box with an angel and a sword on it. lol.

the next card i distinctly remember was a geforce 6600gt which carried me through hl2, so there's a six year hole in my memory, maybe an r200..

First family computer was a PCjr, which had better-than-CGA graphics. After that I remember there being a Trident card of some sort. The first video card I spent my own money on (with a very important rebate coming in the mail) was a Matrox M3D card. Cheap and didn't do that well compared to the pricier cards of the time, but it still ended up being MANY hours of work to pay for that thing.

It went in my Cyrix PR200 system.

Not sure what my first one was, the first one I remember though was a 32MB Cirrus Logic VLB.

geforce 6 was good though, the all in wonder pro was in my family PC when I was 6 i think, I don't remember what came next, another all in wonder i guess, I have vague memory of a box with an angel and a sword on it. lol.

the next card i distinctly remember was a geforce 6600gt which carried me through hl2, so there's a six year hole in my memory, maybe an r200..
Yeah i really wanted a 6800gt, that mermaid mascot had me sold lol. But i was like 16-17 at the time so i wasnt making that great of money but the x700 served me well. Great times playing doom3, hl2, counterstrike all summer. 2004 was the year for pc gaming and the year i finally switched from consoles to pc only.

My first PC arrived in 1998 PII@350 64MB RAM and a Gainward Riva TNT 16MB. It did a lot of work with AutoCAD R14 and MS Office. Back then AutoCAD really wasn't happy with Nvidia drivers (the Geforce moniker was adopted first time around 2000 with Geforce 256, first GPU to perform TnL in hardware) and win98se was throwing a BSOD at least once a day. It also did a few thousand of hours with NFS2SE, NFS3HP, Quake II and Carmageddon 1 and 2.

First family rig was an Amstrad with dual tape decks. First personally owned gpu was s3 virge. Couldn't even run hl1 640x480 above 5fps..
First discreet was a tnt2 with a cyrix heatsink twisty tied on with a ramsink tim pad. Was wicked at the time and actually OCd ok.

It really depends on how you define PC. Fatter Agnus in my Amiga or whatever came in the Commodore 64. However, in my first Windows 3.1 PC, I have not a clue since that was 24 years ago. My first 3D card was 3DFX Monster II.

First PC I built had a 9200 ATi Radeon in it and I was so damn young then haha.

My first computer was a Commodore Plus/4. The first PC I had, was the Commodore Colt XT (8088), with I believe a Hercules CGA graphics board. After that, in 1990 we upgraded to a 386SX with a Diamond Speedstar 512k VGA card. Didn't get my first accelerated gaming card until 1998, with the Diamond Monster 1.

My first PC was a Packard Bell with an integrated Cirrus Logic. It was 1995 and I had no idea of a concept of dedicated GPUs. I assumed they were all on the mobo at the time. My next PC, the first one I built, was a RivaTNT AGP. At the time it was pretty high end.

My dad had a Number 9 Imagine 128.

The first machine I built had a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000.

None. TRS-80 Color Computer (the COCO)! (I've aged myself.)

I remember my old man had some sort of Tandy IIRC that hooked up to a TV and used a cassette deck for storage. I was pretty young, but I remember getting magazines that had programs written out in them which were the only programs I actually ever ran on the thing. I'm don't think there was any other way to even run programs on it unless you got a cassette from someone else who already saved it. I also remember how often the tape deck chewed up cassettes. :(

My mom was cleaning her house and found my original Commodore 64 monitor. I bet it still works.

Voodoo 3000 AGP with a cyrix mx 86 processor! Whoa! Baby! Windows 95 on floppies! As soon as I booted into the OS and hit internet explorer. Went to search engine and hit a virus immediately, the words....you have been vunploous attacked! All of a sudden, I saw 100's of webpages. I was quite $%^ed. Oh well, reinstall again...didn't use that search engine again! LMAO!

Number 9 Imagine 128 Series II, paired with a Diamond Multimedia Monster 3D (Voodoo 1) a couple of months later.

My first pc ever I got a Matrox 2d card (can't remember model) and 2x 12mb Vodoo 1s 3dfx branded. I actually still have the VooDoo 1s, found them the other day. Then from the VooDoo 1s I got a Kyro based tile graphics card from I believe Diamond and then a Diamond nvidia tnt card, could see the shields on tanks in TANARUS!!!

Last edited:
My first pc 8088 IBM, didn't have a GPU lol, they were called co processors back then, actually at the time of when my dad bought it, I don't think there were any video cards.....

Although my first video card was a number 9, can't remember which one though, too long ago ;)

My first card was a Voodoo3 2000 PCI card with a Intel Celeron 333a CPU.....Those were the days!

Rendition Verite Reactor

Remember playing V-Quake....I had high-res but the OpenGL guys had to play low res online.....w00t...

reactor.jpg

TI-99, so the person with the Trash-80 can zip it. :p

On the PC, sheesh...it hurts my brain but I think it was the Matrox Mystique. Trying to remember what I replaced that with.

My first card was a Riva TNT2 Ultra back in the day. Had that card for ages then did a rebuild and got a Radeon 9700 Pro....my goodness that was a glorious day!

I think I had a Hercules monochrome card in my first PC. I had a Apple ][+ and Amiga 500 before that.

my first discrete card was a stealth Trident as above,

then I remember the 3dfx Voodoo DAUGHTER board. I picked that card up because of Quake!

The onboard was a ATI but the ATI Rage 128 I bought only lasted a day and I returned it for a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI which had so much better drivers. To be honest, I couldn't even get the Rage 128 installed and working, lol. The Voodoo came with a free copy of Unreal and Need for Speed 3 which I still have those discs. I thought the graphics of my N64 with Goldeneye was the shit until I seen Unreal @ 1024x768 running in Glide, heh. I'm still waiting to a real sequel to Unreal 1. ;) Yea I stuck with 3dfx until the WAY overhyped and underperforming V5 and jumped ship to nvidia with the 64MB 3D Prophet GF2.

Back