Video card brand in your first PC?

What brand of video card was in your first PC (no onboard)

• Total voters
I just miss that time, where GPUs were so unexplored, my first card was a Cirrus logic 1MB, but after an upgrade I got a Rendition Vérité V2200 + 3Dfx Voodoo2 8Mb, 3Dfx made history for certain.

ft-001rj.gif
+
full.jpg

I just miss that time, where GPUs were so unexplored, my first card was a Cirrus logic 1MB, but after an upgrade I got a Rendition Vérité V2200 + 3Dfx Voodoo2 8Mb, 3Dfx made history for certain.
I don't. It was a terrible time of software graphics. Going to HW 3D was the single biggest leap in computing graphics taken. I however miss the time when the top spot was constantly challenged by ATI and Nvidia. And we had S3 and 3DFx on the side too.
Monopoly is not good for innovation. And certainly not good for my wallet.

I don't. It was a terrible time of software graphics. Going to HW 3D was the single biggest leap in computing graphics taken. I however miss the time when the top spot was constantly challenged by ATI and Nvidia. And we had S3 and 3DFx on the side too.
Monopoly is not good for innovation. And certainly not good for my wallet.

I really enjoyed all that troubleshooting we had in the past, like putting the glide .dll in the right path, even overclocking the voodoo2 to 90MHz (can't remember exactly) was fun, so challenging and funny at same time, rendition drivers were awfull indeed LOL, alpha GL ports to Quake2, I think it stopped in beta releases, in the same time the green monster was starting with their Riva128 cards.
We shall see what AMD prepares for now, I really don't think the Vega chip would crush something like a GP102, although I really wanted to see red team's turn over, ultimately things are too much green for my taste.

Back