video card brand: how loyal are you?

neither is my answer. I have used a few nvidia cards such as the TNT2, Geforce 5200, and the 6200. Ive used 2 ati cards however the x800 Gt and x1800gto. From my experience I have had lots of problems with nivida such as the TNT2 screwing up after a while and the 5200 drivers that wouldnt recognize the card and the 6200s crappy turbo memory. Soooo if I had to pick it would be ATi although when I had XP installing the drivers from a fresh install required the .net framework 2.0 to work correctly was a big pain to install sometimes. Oh yea I forgot that I had 2 nvidia Geforce 4 mx4000 which both broke after 6 months o hail the nvidia cards lol

I buy what's best / best price to performance at the time I make my purchase. I don't care about brands - loyalty is a mugs game. :D

i'm not that loyal to any brand. if i see a video card that can perform better than the competition for the buck, i'll go for that always.

This loyal....

savagegeforce2.jpg

Oh Yeah!...........

Guys,
Have you ever changed video card brands or have you always been loyal to that one brand (nvidia or ati)? If you have left one brand and gone to the other, how many times have you done it?

Me, I always bought nvidia cards since the death of the Voodoo 3dfx cards until recently when I migrated to Vista. My Amd 64 dual-core 4400, nforce3 motherboard, Vista and nvidia 7800GS didn't want to play nice together. Anyway, to make a long story short I ended up getting a Sapphire X1950Pro 512MB. I'm happy now.

IMHO only a fool will stick with a single company's products. ATI and Nvidia both take turns leapfrogging each other for the best cards.

If you limit yourself to one company you are basically buying an inferior card every other generation ;)

-JB

Owner of:

ATI 9700 Pro
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
ATI x1950Pro

DX10 - next year at the earliest (just say no to 1st gen tech LOL)

I had 1 ATI card. It was loud and it sucked (Ati x700)
I been with nvidia since GF2.

NVIDIA
For life.

3DFX! I put VooDoo2s in my Pentium 4!

Well I do have a 9500 Pro in as the host. hehe.

But I usually try to buy eVGA or BFG nVidia cards for their excellent warranty. :)

Pretty much nvidia....... although it didn't start that way:

S3 Virge
Voodoo Rush w/ Diamond 3dFX add-on
GeForce 256
GeForce 3 Ti550
Geforce4 Ti4400
Geforce4 Ti4200
Ati 9700Pro
6800 of some sort
7900GT
7950GT
now planning on an 8800GTS, that will hopefully hold me for a while......

neither had both sides of the fence despite it being short. Though out of the companies I like EVGA, mainly becuase of the stepup program.

Voodoo 32mb (cant even remember the name, came with the pc)
Geforce 5200 64mb
Geforce 7800 GT
Radeon x1800
Geforce 8800 Ultra
HD 2900 XT

started of with nvidia then switched to ati when the 9800xt came out, then moved to the x800, and now i have a 7800gtx

Whatever gives me the most performance for $250~ish at my time of upgrade. I could care less what brand it is.

Voodoo2
4200ti
9800pro
6800GT
x1800XT
8800GTS

I bought this card 10 years ago and I had a problem with it so I will never buy another card from this company again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How many times do you hear this?

If we all wrote off ATI or Nvidia each time they released a bad video card then who would we buy from?

Some people are sheep. They buy what the ads tell them to. They see some sexy hot model holding a video card on a full page spread and they buy that :)

They read magazines who's sole purpose is to sell ads and keep you buying stuff you don't need tell you that any item that is more than a few months old is bad.

It seems that our entire world has become "keeping up with the Jones" in which all we really care about is keeping up with hardware that everyone (friends, forums, etc...) and if everyone has a AMD 6000+ then by golly my AMD 4400+ "must" be too slow. If everyone moves from AMD to Intel then I must do the same.

If the 8800's are the hot sh-t then I "have" to have one.

Crazy world filled with non-thinking sheep :(

-JB

Back