Vice City rendering problem (r9800)

Griffen

Limp Gawd
Just picked up Vice City and i'm having rendering issues in game play. I have the draw distance maxed out but often many textures are not fully displayed (only low-quality blurry textures) even when you're standing right next to them. Also sometimes walls, and stone fences aren't rendered either. Several times I've rammed a wall head on because i couldn't see it until after i hit it. I tried the v1.1 patch but it had no effect. I just installed the 4.4 catalyst drivers (was previously using 4.3 omegas) Nothing seems to fix the problem.

any suggestions?

same problem here, i just wait a couple seconds before i start to actually move around and then everything loads fine. it is pretty annoying though..

The fix that worked for me is to enable Frame limiter. You may not like this answer, but now it runs flawless and smooth. (9800pro)

Originally posted by mpm
The fix that worked for me is to enable Frame limiter. You may not like this answer, but now it runs flawless and smooth. (9800pro)

Same here.

glycerine102,

running the game in win98 mode seems to fix the problem, thanks a lot. I'm not sure why it fixes the problem but it's definately something i wouldn't have thought of.

Just thought i'de say this, recently my T14200 got burned due to fan problems (it got clogged with dust) they are ordering me a new one. I put in a Mx200 32mb, and vice city worked just fine with it at 1024 768, does this surprise any of you?

Yeah rockstar had a fix for it, but it didnt work for me.
Then I found that fix and i was happy again :)

Back