Viacom Demands YouTube Pull Videos

HardOCP News

[H] News
Viacom has demanded that Google remove all Viacom videos from YouTube after talks between the companies broke down. There has been no response from Google.

Viacom Inc. has demanded that Google Inc.'s online video service YouTube pull down all of its video clips after they failed to reach an agreement, the company said. About 100,000 video clips from Viacom-owned properties including MTV Networks and BET has been asked to be removed.

Why O why did google buy youtube, this is never going to end

LOL, another one.

Man if youtube was a human I would have called it a whore by now, getting knocked up pretty bad.

Hmm I think google is going to regret their purchase, I can't imagine all this legal expenses paying off. I'm wondering if companies aren't targeting youtube now since google owns it and has deeper pockets?

This means absolutely nothing -- why?

If you take a look at where youtube, and your involved w/ the community -- you can see that it is growing TREMENDOUSLY, and where MTV, BET and whatever other networks viacom owns.. it has zero effect upon youtube.com

These networks don't even formally upload their videos to youtube as in FOX, CNN, & NBC do.. and their competition is so fierce, the money going into youtube -- from their point of view, will most likely come out with some sort of loss..

Out of the millions, and millions of youtube users -- this will effect ZERO people.

I guarantee you... that youtube will offer up services that will be unprecedented..

I guarantee you... that youtube will offer up services that will be unprecedented..

Google does have power... I think the big media industries are becoming increasingly worried that the large internet based companies are banding together.

I noticed they pulled the aqua teen hungerforce stuff off there a few days back. Warner brothers threw a fit.

Google does have power... I think the big media industries are becoming increasingly worried that the large internet based companies are banding together.

Exactly, who in their right mind.. let's take a look @ this situation from the viewpoint of common sense. Who would invest billions into something, to leave it the way it is, not make any changes, and abandon the millions of users that access this site. Ironically, i'm listening to Billy Joel - Just the way you are... anyway i dont believe the statistic viacom came up with where BILLIONS of their videos are streamed, that is a tottle croc..

the user-generated videos on youtube, make up an unbelievable bulk of the views, this can be seen by the most subscribed users, the views into these subscribed users, the most videos of all time, etc. --

I don't even watch anymore television -- if i'm eating breakfast, or just sitting around - i'll sit around on youtube.

Back