Viable Nvidia Mining - Cudaminer

yeah you're completely right.. the internet is the way, the truth and the light. What a fool I am to run my hardware at safe speeds 24/7 while someone takes their highest clock on liquid jesus and says that's their hashrate...

So just curious, did you come into this thread to get actual advice/help to get your miners going? Or did you come into this thread to bash everyone with their results on mining with NVidia cards?

Because with the way you are coming off, I am sure no one here will want to help you if you think everyone is lieing to you.

P.S. There is a google doc on the first page of the thread I posted with peoples kh/s, You need to post in that thread and call them all liars as well.

So just curious, did you come into this thread to get actual advice/help to get your miners going? Or did you come into this thread to bash everyone with their results on mining with NVidia cards?

Because with the way you are coming off, I am sure no one here will want to help you if you think everyone is lieing to you.

P.S. There is a google doc on the first page of the thread I posted with peoples kh/s, You need to post in that thread and call them all liars as well.

I don't come in with false accusations... I have this hardware... I see what it can do. I just don't like people lying when I try to make informed decisions when I buy. I can do 600 khs for sure... it's diminishing returns. It destroys my PCH temps... Too much power for not enough gain. I don't care what anybody says.. I have the hardware.. I know what it can do. you're not running 700 khs without a.] a nuclear reactor and b.] a life span of about four weeks unless you like pouring liquid nitrogen into a tube on your GPU every five minutes.

Last edited:
I don't come in with false accusations... I have this hardware... I see what it can do. I just don't like people lying when I try to make informed decisions when I buy. I can do 600 khs for sure... it's diminishing returns. It destroys my PCH temps... Too much power for not enough gain. I don't care what anybody says.. I have the hardware.. I know what it can do. you're not running 700 khs without a.] a nuclear reactor and b.] a life span of about four weeks unless you like pouring liquid nitrogen into a tube on your GPU every five minutes.

I tell the truth.... I run 80-85% TDP @ 79c and get about 500 khs with total system power of about 400-450 watts. If you told that truth i'd believe you.

So looking at your pics, do you even overclock the cards? Are they stock? Did you put the proper settings in for your 780ti? I mean 61% power isnt much. I am running 160% power. Memory not overclocked with 1.31v going to my core for 1411mhz. You need to overclock more to increase your KH/s

Again do some research, look at what people use for settings, Crank up the clock speed. Use the bios that disabled power limit etc.

There are alot of things you can do to get more kh/s. Just because you are getting a certain amount doesn't mean you cant get more.

Looking at the spreadsheet. I see a 780TI evga SC getting 721kh/s. IF you look at the spreadsheet you can see his speeds and settings and what he used.

Try going from there, you can get another 120-150kh/s easy

Looking at the spreadsheet. I see a 780TI evga SC getting 721kh/s. IF you look at the spreadsheet you can see his speeds and settings and what he used.

Try going from there, you can get another 120-150kh/s easy

What you fail to understand is... I don't look at spreadsheets... I look at the real world.. and try to make real world assessments. Not some two-minute fantasy made-up for the internet.

What you fail to understand is... I don't look at spreadsheets... I look at the real world.. and try to make real world assessments. Not some two-minute fantasy made-up for the internet.

And the real world is lookin back at you laughing. Good luck with your future mining.

I'm the one who uploaded the specs onto the spreadsheet to run the 780Ti at 721khash. Tell you what, want to wager 5 LTC I am getting those hash rates? If I don't pay, we can all agree that Kyle bans me perma from the site. I think a similar commitment from you would be reasonable, no?

What would you like me to upload? Maybe a screenshot of my .bat settings, along with the cmd prompt running cudaminer with a CPU-Z and GPU-Z screen up as well?

Last edited:
I'm the one who uploaded the specs onto the spreadsheet to run the 780Ti at 721khash. Tell you what, want to wager 5 LTC I am getting those hash rates? If I don't pay, we can all agree that Kyle bans me perma from the site. I think a similar commitment from you would be reasonable, no?

Umm... no?

What would you like me to upload? Maybe a screenshot of my .bat settings, along with the cmd prompt running cudaminer with a CPU-Z and GPU-Z screen up as well?

If my 770 gets 360kh with the new miner, i fully believe your 780 ti gets at least double me.

Hi guys,

I have a Gigabyte GTX 590 stored in a closet--Really, I do. What could that do for me?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_590_review,2.html

Will it be a positive power-cost-factor for mining ?

Nope you need a Kepler core to get the new high hash rates. you are going to get 300kh (im being VERY generous) or so with a 590 that sucks 400 watts. Unless you are paying $.10 kwh you are loosing money. 400 watts with ati would get your like 1200kh or more.

spacin9,you have added absolutely nothing of substance to this thread....DO NOT make another post in it

Umm... no?

Didn't think so.

baSFwRo.jpg

I have never mined before but all of this mining talk has me interested. I have 2 680 GTXs in SLI. Can anyone tell me approx how much money I can make a day with them at current prices and difficulty?
Thanks

That should get your around 700kh, which is around 5 coins a month if the difficulty stays around 4k.

I have never mined before but all of this mining talk has me interested. I have 2 680 GTXs in SLI. Can anyone tell me approx how much money I can make a day with them at current prices and difficulty?
Thanks

depending on the coin, about 30 bucks a week. if you let them run 24/7, that is.

Hmm, so I have (3) Titan's in SLi and watercooled with EK blocks......I think its time to give this a shot :)

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting cudaminer to work on my 680's in SLI.

This is the script I'm trying to run:

cudaminer.exe -H 1 -d 0,1 -l K16x16,K16x16 -i 1,0 -o stratum+tcp://pool.url -O worker:password

But it fails with something regarding "Not enough memory for allocation" or something like that.

If I run it for a single card - say -d 0 or -d 1 - it runs okay with no problems.

Am I missing something?

I wonder if they can make a Titan viable for mining soon, so we can see the AMD prices drop finally...:(

I wonder if NV's next gen cards will have a single integer shift operation, that would probably give NV a good enough boost to be on par or faster than AMD @ mining.

I wonder if NV's next gen cards will have a single integer shift operation, that would probably give NV a good enough boost to be on par or faster than AMD @ mining.

Considering they made the titan core just to get a supercomputer bid last year, i think not. That and litecoin was worthless 90 days ago, and may be worthless in another 90 days, or be worth $900, who knows.

Considering they made the titan core just to get a supercomputer bid last year, i think not. That and litecoin was worthless 90 days ago, and may be worthless in another 90 days, or be worth $900, who knows.
Litecoin yes, but the cryptocurrency craze has started, and I doubt will ever stop again. It's a paradigm shift, one that we desperately need.

While it's not bad for getting some returns on your NV card, I doubt it will do much for the mining world.

7970/280x - - 740 KH
290 - 928KH
290x ~ 1000 kh

All with moderate / low overclocks, as far as mining goes, I don't think this will reduce demand on AMD cards for mining, but it will at least give NV card owners a chance at getting some $$ back :)

I have 6 290x and 4 290 mining, my 290s get 830 and my 290x get 947 or 915... only one 290x is capable of 1500 memory, the rest only get 1450 and the 290s all have to run at stock. Would be interested in seeing the settings.

SLI is disabled, yes. I don't know about the GPU_max_alloc setting though; first time I see it referenced.

put

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

in your bat before the cudaminer command line.

edit: also try removing one of the "k16x16" arguments from your intensity setting. the newer builds only need one value for multiple cards.

I have 6 290x and 4 290 mining, my 290s get 830 and my 290x get 947 or 915... only one 290x is capable of 1500 memory, the rest only get 1450 and the 290s all have to run at stock. Would be interested in seeing the settings.

It's so different install to install

EG: one machine I have a 6450 and a 290, 6450 drives XBMC and webbrowsing while 290 mines, and I switch to the 290 when I Want to game. However when I Switch to the 290(enable the screen it's attached to), It has to be @ stock clocks or else it will crash, but when the display is not active, I can run it @ 1000/1500. Where as my other rig with just 2 x 290s, I Can have both @ 1000/1500 for 880kh, even more with certain settings, PM me if you want to try some other settings instead of us hijacking this thread.

And even if LTC is worth $20 less then it was last month, other alt coins are valuable for mining. But I see your point, most will lose interest with hype dying down. I got 2 x 290s + 1 x 280 used :p for less than new price when prices were Normal

It's so different install to install

EG: one machine I have a 6450 and a 290, 6450 drives XBMC and webbrowsing while 290 mines, and I switch to the 290 when I Want to game. However when I Switch to the 290(enable the screen it's attached to), It has to be @ stock clocks or else it will crash, but when the display is not active, I can run it @ 1000/1500. Where as my other rig with just 2 x 290s, I Can have both @ 1000/1500 for 880kh, even more with certain settings, PM me if you want to try some other settings instead of us hijacking this thread.

And even if LTC is worth $20 less then it was last month, other alt coins are valuable for mining. But I see your point, most will lose interest with hype dying down. I got 2 x 290s + 1 x 280 used :p for less than new price when prices were Normal

Very nice man :) I just got 2 asus 280's going, and just ordered a 3rd (open box).

Got my 780 lightning mining on the side. Figure I would mine away until I can start exchanging LTC for BTC. I got this feeling BTC will take off soon with overstock.com accepting bitcoins, and the first 2 bitcoin ATM's arriving in Asia.

Future is looking bright if you as me.

Very nice man :) I just got 2 asus 280's going, and just ordered a 3rd (open box).

Got my 780 lightning mining on the side. Figure I would mine away until I can start exchanging LTC for BTC. I got this feeling BTC will take off soon with overstock.com accepting bitcoins, and the first 2 bitcoin ATM's arriving in Asia.

Future is looking bright if you as me.

I've been riding the Dogecoin bandwagon. I exchanged all my LTC for DOGE and have made 40% or so on it so far. Mining ends up being ~$10 a day.

I've been riding the Dogecoin bandwagon. I exchanged all my LTC for DOGE and have made 40% or so on it so far. Mining ends up being ~$10 a day.

Not bad, Do you exchange doge for LTC? $10 a day on just your 780ti?

Not bad, Do you exchange doge for LTC? $10 a day on just your 780ti?

Yeah. Base daily profitability is in the 7-9 dollar a day range. Doge has been on a nice ramp upwards though, so it ends up being more. I am keeping Doge, not exchanging. I think the usable market for Doge is more robust than LTC. I could be completely wrong and it all turns to nothing, but my entry cost so far has been like 20 bucks so why not.

Yeah. Base daily profitability is in the 7-9 dollar a day range. Doge has been on a nice ramp upwards though, so it ends up being more. I am keeping Doge, not exchanging. I think the usable market for Doge is more robust than LTC.

Just curious what exchange and what pool you go to for doge? Been mining pretty heavily now for awhile and im up to 4 ltc coins.....Curious what the exchange rate is for doge to ltc.

I mine @ a multi-currency pool which auto-switches and auto-pays out in bitcoin, it's a bit better IMO than mining straight litecoin.

Just curious what exchange and what pool you go to for doge? Been mining pretty heavily now for awhile and im up to 4 ltc coins.....Curious what the exchange rate is for doge to ltc.

Cryptsy

I mine @ a multi-currency pool which auto-switches and auto-pays out in bitcoin, it's a bit better IMO than mining straight litecoin.

Problem with that is it's going to mine DOGE heavily anyways. So whenever it switches to another coin that is most profitable at that second, it will switch back relatively quick so you end up with say, 50 coins. Problem is, to sell those coins the exchange may have a 1000 coin minimum. So now you have to babysit those coins, hope they don't tank in price, and wait until you have enough to sell.

Cryptsy

Problem with that is it's going to mine DOGE heavily anyways. So whenever it switches to another coin that is most profitable at that second, it will switch back relatively quick so you end up with say, 50 coins. Problem is, to sell those coins the exchange may have a 1000 coin minimum. So now you have to babysit those coins, hope they don't tank in price, and wait until you have enough to sell.

That's if it's un-managed, the one I'm in does it all for you, at the end of the day the payout is in BTC, nothing else, so far it has been more profitable than mining anything else.

and if Doge tanks again, I don't have to go and manually switch to another pool or coin :p

Back