Viable Nvidia Mining - Cudaminer

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
Just a heads-up that the Dec 18th version of Cudaminer has drastically increased the ability of Nvidia cards. My 780ti can do 600 k/hash with no tweaks and undervolted to 350w at the wall. This is approximately on par with what my 7950 could do at the same power levels. Pump up the OC and I was seeing 750+ just with a lot of noise and heat. Other Nvidia cards have seen 30-40% improvements.

Last edited:
Now if someone could forward this information to the rest of the mining community, the PC gamers of the world would be very grateful.
I don't see it taking off though, even if you can match 7950 levels.

and how much for comparison does your 7950 produce for what type of temps/noise levels/power, cause that does seem quite good, but still is missing some kh/s to match its performance bracket compared to Radeons, though that is a hell of a step up huh.

and how much for comparison does your 7950 produce for what type of temps/noise levels/power, cause that does seem quite good, but still is missing some kh/s to match its performance bracket compared to Radeons, though that is a hell of a step up huh.

My 7950 could do 600hash at 400wall before I sold it. Noisy too. My 780ti is doing 661 now at 425 wall and is pretty quiet at 71c. I think with some more tweaks I can get to 700+ with reasonable noise and power draw.

For the money as a dedicated miner, not a great value. But as a gaming card that can mine, not bad.

For some reason i am stuck at 230kh with my GTX 680 SC :(
(And yes i found the best config with autotune, then disabled it)

For some reason i am stuck at 230kh with my GTX 680 SC :(
(And yes i found the best config with autotune, then disabled it)

With auto tune i get anywhere from 230-370 depending on how it feels that day. Run it a few times and write down the code.

My 7950 could do 600hash at 400wall before I sold it. Noisy too. My 780ti is doing 661 now at 425 wall and is pretty quiet at 71c. I think with some more tweaks I can get to 700+ with reasonable noise and power draw.

For the money as a dedicated miner, not a great value. But as a gaming card that can mine, not bad.

GK110 has great performance per watt so this isn't a huge surprise. My concern is that as cudaminer gets better, and I'm sure it will again, that it won't help AMD card pricing or availability but cause nVidia card pricing become as absurd as AMD.

GK110 has great performance per watt so this isn't a huge surprise. My concern is that as cudaminer gets better, and I'm sure it will again, that it won't help AMD card pricing or availability but cause nVidia card pricing become as absurd as AMD.

Bingo. This is potentially terrible news for those of us who want to try replacing our current cards soon for actual gaming not what comes off as a glorified pyramid scheme with no real solid foundation. Its bad enough that the price inflation for AMD is not pressing Nvidia's pricing downward as hard as it should but this could lead to both sides prices becoming directly inflated. This makes me wish that had things not went to crap in the last 30 days up to and including my car catching fire while driving, in what I hope is the final cherry on top of the ****pile, I'd just pull the trigger on a new card and be done with rather then waiting for miners to potentially drive prices up even further.

I'm at 395Khs w/my GTX 770 as well. They have been saying there will be even more improvement with the next release as well, due within the next couple weeks.

Been using this for about a week on my 780 lightning.

@1411 core I am getting 710-715/kh

Config below

cudaminer.exe -i 0 -C 1 -H 1 -m 1 -l T12x32

While it's not bad for getting some returns on your NV card, I doubt it will do much for the mining world.

7970/280x - - 740 KH
290 - 928KH
290x ~ 1000 kh

All with moderate / low overclocks, as far as mining goes, I don't think this will reduce demand on AMD cards for mining, but it will at least give NV card owners a chance at getting some $$ back :)

Huh, this is interesting. I'll have to give it a shot on my GTX 780 when I get home.

Learn what a pyramid scheme is first before opening your mouth.

Oh I have, hence the comment though you are somewhat right as its not good fit though still funny. I honestly find all the mining stuff somewhat interesting, particularly when compared to other similar instances of nearly pure speculation driven bubbles in history. However that's neither here nor there as the only thing I'm actually concerned about, hence why I even posted in this thread, is how this may affect GPU pricing for both sides. That answer will sadly only be born out by the passage of time.

Have seen fluctuations overnight on my 770 from anywhere between 290 through to 440 being highest seen yet. This is on a Gigabyte 770 2GB OC. Going to try the x86 version tonight and see if more performance can be gotten.

there comes a point where prices will stabilize as rewards will filter down, more folks will have the limits of what they can afford to run etc. I think Nvidia is way more likely to promote price increases cause cards are flying off the shelf then AMD, just another reason for them to be tools about the way they run their company :)

cudaminer.exe -H 1 -m 1 -d 0 -i 0 -l K8x32 -C 2 (x64)

That's the best config I've found so far for my GTX 770 4gb card. I get just under 400khs w/core @1225.

Nice, maybe soon I can go back to nVidia without the constant nagging that I could be making money with my cards rather than losing it.

Just a heads-up that the Dec 18th version of Cudaminer has drastically increased the ability of Nvidia cards. My 780ti can do 600 k/hash with no tweaks and undervolted to 350w at the wall. This is approximately on par with what my 7950 could do at the same power levels. Pump up the OC and I was seeing 750+ just with a lot of noise and heat. Other Nvidia cards have seen 30-40% improvements.

hmm... my 780 does 400w at the wall. 500 khs 80 percent TDP.. It's possible...I have X79 platform. I idle about 175w. AMD is still superior in this dept.

hmm... my 780 does 400w at the wall. 500 khs 80 percent TDP.. It's possible...I have X79 platform. I idle about 175w. AMD is still superior in this dept.

Very. If you are mining with any Nvidia card, you arent doing it for the Watt/Money ratio. You are doing it to make coins while throwing electricity out the window.

Very. If you are mining with any Nvidia card, you arent doing it for the Watt/Money ratio. You are doing it to make coins while throwing electricity out the window.

well.. I'm still making a profit running those cards... I do the maffs. Still making money...not optimal to be sure. Got a few AMD cards inbound... leave my 780s for gaming.

Not lies, im at 700kh/s on my 780 lightning @ 1411 core. There is no making money off of that lol
And I'm flat out calling you a stone liar... to your virtual face, regardless. Don't you see I have classys? Don't you think I would know?

well.. I'm still making a profit running those cards... I do the maffs. Still making money...not optimal to be sure. Got a few AMD cards inbound... leave my 780s for gaming.

Yea I just setup a mining rig with 2 Asus 280's. Let me tell ya Litecoing REALLY love memory speeds. Got then both up to 1140/7200 im getting 780/800kh/s with them.

Then I use my 780 lightning while im at work or sleeping for a lil extra kh/s lol

Well then you don't know.....And I am calling you a liar :) Do more research before spouting shit off you know nothing about.

ok.. go go power rangers! *sigh*// whatever... everybody gets like 100000 more khs than I do with the same hardware. I'm totally doing it wrong. It's always the same story.

ok.. go go power rangers! *sigh*// whatever... everybody gets like 100000 more khs than I do with the same hardware. I'm totally doing it wrong. It's always the same story.

Well maybe its the same story to you, because its true?

I mean how many times can someone tell you the same story over and over before you realize they are right and you are wrong?

Well maybe its the same story to you, because its true?

I mean how many times can someone tell you the same story over and over before you realize they are right and you are wrong?

yeah you're completely right.. the internet is the way, the truth and the light. What a fool I am to run my hardware at safe speeds 24/7 while someone takes their highest clock on liquid jesus and says that's their hashrate...they show a screenshot that runs for two minutes and its gospel.

Back