VIA HD Deck Windows 10 64 bit problem

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
Hi Guys,

its been a while but, i need some help. I recently gave my son my old Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H motherboard in a gaming rig. The onboard audio was working fine when I used it but I cannot find a working copy of the VIA HD Deck anywhere. The one that most internet search direct me to do not work. I did find a fix that took the 64bit files and replaced the 32bit that seem to install. But, once I do this the program will not launch no matter what I do. Here is the fix I tried.

There are also some links that say go to the via site but once you go there they only appear to offer downloads for graphics files not audio.

TIA!

thanks for the reply pendragon1. Well he has a logitech G430 headset but out of the blue he started getting a lot of static with the usb soundcard part. No static with just plugging in the 3.5mm jacks. I am actually just submitting a warranty claim. Failing that I will probably just buy him this
Asus Xonar DG - 5.1

a warranty claim for what, the headphones? I dont get what this has to do with the via onboard audio then...

I discovered the problem with the onboard when we had to stop using the usb headset. The g430 has a usb adapter as well as 3.5mm plugs.

so sound works fine when using the 3.5 jack but you get static using the headphones usb sound card. problem is headphones not mobo.

that's normal. the razor headphones I have here are like that too, mic is only through the usb sound card. make sure the usb plug and socket are clean. you could try putting a ferrite filter on the headphone cable, see if that stops the static.

Back