VIA C4650 2GHz performance

XoR

Gawd
here are tests of new VIA processor

its slower per clock than Bay Trail or Jaguar
still I would totally buy mobo with it if it was available on nice small mobo with few RS-232 ports and had XP drivers. Unfortunately mobos with VIA processors are nowhere to be found :mad:

I wonder, what is the purpose of this processor existence :confused:

Once again, Via attempts to convince everyone they're not dead yet with an "every other year" press release benchmark that carefully tiptoes around their gaping weaknesses.

What, a 3dmark run with integrated graphics? You don't need to see that.

What, a power consumption comparison? You don't need to see that!

Wow, in FPU it's just decimated by Jaguar. And Bay Trail/Braswell can give it pretty good competition as well, probably at 1/4 the power. And Bay Trail was NEVER designed for FPU throughput like Jaguar was, so that's just sad.

It's no wonder the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. It's the same old QuadCore they announced in 2011, just with a die shrink and small clock bump.

Last edited:
Last edited:
because for work I sometimes need 6+ serial ports.

Okay...but what about USB to serial? They seem to work pretty well for me.

That Via ITX board only has 4 serial ports provided, so you're going to need to add more anyway.

Even if you buy 6 adapters plus a hub, it's still less expensive to buy the combo or prebuilt system, rather than that $300 motherboard + CPU combo.

Last edited:
There are aplenty 8 port serial port PCIe cards...? I have even seen low profile versions with fanout cables. I do not quite get the problem.

Back