VGA to RCA

latief75

Limp Gawd
I bought a VGA to RCA connector off ebay. it is a small plug that is on one side a vga connector, and an RCA video on the other. mo matter what i do, i can't get it to work. 3 different computers (2 laptops, 1 desktop) yet nothing, a distorted image on the tv. the same TV works perfectly with a regular TV out connection.

any ideas what the deal with these is ?

thanks

define: nothinhg, distorted
it works, but its distorted, or it doenst work, and there's static?

i would suggest that ebay/china is to blame... i know cyberguys.com sells them and i would trust one of those before i would trust anything from ebay.

its most likely a bum item.

thanks for the reply,

it works meaning that the tv does get a signal, but the signal is distorted, you can barely see anything...

is it supposed to work? or am i supposed to use some device in between or something?

thanks,

You probably have to set some custom timing/refresh rates on your vga out. Or it may only work on certain cards

Where are you located (US/UK?)

If in US make sure to use 60hz refresh rate, UK try 50 hz.

I looked into getting one of those for a while(for my laptop, no S-video), and found out only certain computers/video cards support it. Normal VGA will not send out the necessary signal to convert to RCA.
I found that it was some Dell that supported the feature, and wasn't able to find any other cards that did.

I'm starting to think that this is not going to work, i think only certain video cards support this. i have never heard of video cards that support tv-out through VGA before! that is the requirement for this to work. my laptop with the intel 950gma series chipset supports tv-out through a tv out connection perfectly, yet not through the vga port. :mad:

i need this for my older laptop, .....

I'm starting to think that this is not going to work, i think only certain video cards support this. i have never heard of video cards that support tv-out through VGA before! that is the requirement for this to work. my laptop with the intel 950gma series chipset supports tv-out through a tv out connection perfectly, yet not through the vga port. :mad:

i need this for my older laptop, .....

You read what I posted, right?

You're gonna need to get a converter box, to convert VGA to RCA. Like This.

Back