VGA coolers that exhaust heat

eddieck

Gawd
I've noticed lately VGA coolers seem to be exhausting heat back into your case rather than out the case like the stock coolers. Are there any aftermarket coolers left that exhaust out of the case for the GTS 250? (I've got a Gigabyte one with the Zalman cooler so I'm not sure if it's a reference design. Even this cooler exhausts into your case.)

The last one I've found that exhausts out is the NV Silencer line but that's old. All of Arctic's newest stuff exhausts in the case.

The Akasa Vortexx neo is the only one I have ever seen. But, it is a bit older and I would imagine it won't fit a gtx/gts series card. Worked well for the 4000 series of ati cards tho.

Here's an old thread on it (10/2008) . 4th post has links. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1352073

If you can find one it might be worth modding to make it fit.

I dont know of any but share your concern that most aftermarket coolers dont push air out the back. I dont like having 20 fans and holes all over my case tp vent air, I like a clean tower, air in the front out the back.

I personally have not found a compelling enough reason to install aftermarket coolers on cards that already come with dual slot coolers. Single slot ones can get pretty warm, but all my dual slot ones have had temps that stayed well within a tolerable range even with a mild OC and default fan profile.

Back