Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Stay with the VE248H

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

eck340

n00b
Hi , I am currently on a VE248H monitor i know that it is a TFT Panel but dont know which kind .. is the VE248H a TN Panel Type ?

Because I would like to know if the color and image quality of the VG248QE would be the same or better as my VE248H ?

For the main question of this thread what do you think is the best between the VG248QE or PB278Q for gaming , web surfing and staring at it for long period of time .

So 1440p 60hz 27'' PLS Panel or 1080p 144hz 24'' TN Panel ?

My rig is an i7 2600 with a EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX .

I play all kind of games ; FPS , RTS , RPG , MMO , Aventure , Racing

I will play on my pc : BF4 , Watch Dogs and GTA soon ...

Or staying with my VE248H if any of this upgrade is worth it and wait for next technologie ...

Thanks for your advice .

Hi , I am currently on a VE248H monitor i know that it is a TFT Panel but dont know which kind .. is the VE248H a TN Panel Type ?
As of right now, all 2ms monitors are TN based.
Also, it appears VE248H is TN. (google "VE248H TN panel")
There were conflicting sources (TFT panel versus TN panel), but it's definitely a TN panel.

The VG248QE will need to be adjusted out of the box (bad settings), but looks okay when calibrated and should compete well with VE248H at least on an apples-to-apples basis. (e.g. VE248H 60Hz calibrated versus VG248QE 60Hz calibrated)
The interesting picture quality divergences (major improvement to motion, slight degradation to color) will occur when you go to 120Hz or 144Hz, even non-LightBoost.

Your 780 is screaming for 120Hz; you will see major 120Hz benefit. The 780 provides enough GPU power to make "120Hz" generally look like "I can't believe I didn't do it sooner level".
LightBoost (easily enabled/disabled with ToastyX Strobelight) will also provide dramatic motion clarity improvements, if you've ever used CRT monitors before.
However, consider your computer usage, too. Will web surfing be more important, or will game motion be more important?
To compensate for the lower resolution, add a smooth scrolling utility for 120Hz in your web browser (e.g. Chromium Smooth Scroller, if you use Google Chrome).

Last edited:
So 1440p 60hz 27'' PLS Panel or 1080p 144hz 24'' TN Panel ?

I play all kind of games ; FPS , RTS , RPG , MMO , Aventure , Racing

I will play on my pc : BF4 , Watch Dogs and GTA soon ...

lightboost for fps and racing. IPS should be better for mmo / rpg since the increased res lets you see more.

what's more important to you, color or motion sharpness?

the PB278Q is IPS @ 60 hz. i won't use 60 hz again for playing fps. although i admit that its colors and resolution are superior.

see what mark and vega say here. vega has also compared IPS @ 120 hz with lightboost here. i have an 120 hz capable IPS as well as a lightboost monitor, and, while IPS @ 120 hz is more responsive than 60 hz, it's definitely slower than lightboost and smears during fast motion.

Or staying with my VE248H if any of this upgrade is worth it and wait for next technologie ...

seems to be 1080 p TN @ 60 hz, so inferior to both alternatives.

Thank You for you reply guys , really appreciate !

But im not convince .. I really dont know what to do :s

Also i dont know if i will find that 27'' will be too big for gaming :s

Im with a 24'' and it's all right for the size ...

Back