VEVO is the SUCK!!!

Bloodgod42

Gawd
Im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in (moderators feel free to move if needed), but i HAVE to get this out...so here it is

<start rant>

What the hell is up with youtube using this vevo crap lately??? It sucks ass! I have reliably used youtube as a quick and easy resource for many things, but have noticed that more than half the stuff i try to play comes up in this new vevo player that has many issues. The first and foremost being that it apparently wont buffer and constantly stops mid-stream even on a short 3 min clip. I dont know quite enough to know if it's bad coding, 3rd party server issues or wtf. But I know 1 thing...

IT SUCKS!!!

<end rant>

Anyone else having this experience or is it just me???

i wonder if the mass marketing of bluray players that stream youtube videos might play a factor?

try updating flash.

Tried the latest version 10.0.42.34, and no change. :/

I do use Opera, which is approved by adobe, as my browser, and have but have never had a problem viewing any video prior to this Vevo coming out...

Any other suggestions?

The page layout of Vevo youtube pages is quite broken. And, as you've already seen, the videos play like shit, while things are fine with the non-vevo youtube pages. The player can also lock up browsers.

So, it's nothing with your computer. It's just something with the flash player on those pages. And, the videos might be higher quality, which could cause some problems on some systems.

I guess Vevo is so the Universal Music Group (and others) can take care of providing vids (they have the rights to) themsevles via vevo.com. That way, youtube can just include their player on the page and avoid having to pay $$ for each play of a video.

Expect lots of vids that are owned by certain music groups to move to vevo youtube pages. I think youtube is actively doing this by deleting non-vevo versions.

I think there's also something about the vevo player that makes it more diffiult to rip videos from the site. But, I haven't checked to see if that's true.

This site is still pretty much a beta so id expect problems.. But on a side note i have zero problems playing movies from it.

Back