Very warm - LG OLED 48" C1 ( NEW ) - Amazon - $1,050

then those suck too.

But with the phone situation LG seemed particularly behind. generations old samsung phones were getting updates and last year LG phones were waiting. I would bet that other TV makers will be more keen to update their older models and more likely to streamline their own internal effort to not have to support multiple software versions..
LG seems like the type of backwards company that will screw customers over to force them to buy the new hardware instead of thinking a good customer experience on that front is beneficial.
Idk my LGC9 just recently got a update. Unless Samsung changes recently cause they took use to take forever before they released the latest Android update. Like 6 months afterwards. Also Samsung was know to cut off updates all together after 2 years. Also Samsung TVs are notorious with forced ADs on their TVs.

Idk my LGC9 just recently got a update. Unless Samsung changes recently cause they took use to take forever before they released the latest Android update. Like 6 months afterwards. Also Samsung was know to cut off updates all together after 2 years. Also Samsung TVs are notorious with forced ADs on their TVs.

My B6 just had a firmware release in January, that's almost 6 years after release.

LG has been excellent with updates and fixes to my two CXs. Even the C9 is still essentially feature complete against their new TVs. This is FUD.

If you’re referring to smart TV “features”, then maybe. I couldn’t give a shit because it’s spyware garbage like all smart TVs. I keep them both disconnected from the internet and use an Apple TV on one.

My B7 received an update last month.

A TV that is almost five years old got some love! They have previously added new channels as recently as 6 months ago!

Their TV division OS is run by the much more capable WebOS people - For their Android phones, they just made yet another Samsung S-series hardware knockoff with clunky derivative software - of course it was going to be poorly supported.

Yeah, LG has been great with firmware updates for their TVs...at least the OLED lineup; I can't speak for the others. But their mobile phone division is entirely separate with different engineers/management so it seems a little overzealous to make such broad statements regarding software support. The fact that the 6/7 series are still receiving updates is impressive.

Great deal for this OLED. Got one during black friday and replaced a 1k LG Ultrawide similar to another person in this thread.
I thought in my head before this purchase that a 48 inch gaming display would be questionable, but boy was I wrong. Excellent size screen, sick ass color and great refresh rate.
It doubles as the screen I now watch TV on all of the time. If you were on the fence about getting one, this really is a great deal.

My B7 received an update last month.

A TV that is almost five years old got some love! They have previously added new channels as recently as 6 months ago!

Their TV division OS is run by the much more capable WebOS people - For their Android phones, they just made yet another Samsung S-series hardware knockoff with clunky derivative software - of course it was going to be poorly supported.
well yeah some minor updates will come. eg. "Fix the failure of access to certain website in the browser". Unlikely to get much else besides fixes and enhancements to whats already there.

well yeah some minor updates will come. eg. "Fix the failure of access to certain website in the browser". Unlikely to get much else besides fixes and enhancements to whats already there.

It’s still more than basically the entire rest of the industry does, not to mention the wider “smart” electronics segment in general. It sucks and it is shitty, but it’s an industry-wide issue. You can’t just point the blame at LG here and imply that they’re alone in these actions or somehow more scummy than every other scummy company making TVs.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Our Microcenter has like 40 - 50 of these RTX 3050's in stock at $400 to $500 .... guess what, the RTX 3060 is cheaper in some cases. No one is buying these RTX 3050's. I have a feeling the prices will drastically fall on these shortly.

I nabbed a $250 zotac one on launch day for the 3050 for a friend. Definitely not paying over that for those things, haha

Back