Very slippery 10 inch tablet

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an acer 10 in. tablet that has a very slippery back side. It's really distracting trying to keep it from slipping out of my hands. Any suggestions?

Get a cover for the tablet. I prefer the folding magnetic kind that act as a stand.

What tablet is it? Try getting some vinyl? My old S6 Edge+ was very slippery, I got a dbrand skin on it (chrome) and it worked wonders.

I have an acer 10 in. tablet that has a very slippery back side. It's really distracting trying to keep it from slipping out of my hands. Any suggestions?
It's been suggested a few times to get a case/cover for it. Even one of those flimsy flip covers is fine because it adds significant amount of grip. The added grip is going to help prevent damage by not dropping it more than any case will help from it being dropped.

Know what annoys me with tablets? They think a really thin bezel is better and is cool looking. No, it is not. I had an iPad Mini and was continually opening apps by accident because the bezel was too thin for my big thumbs. I now have an Asus Zenpad and that has a thicker surrounding area so not as much as an issue but every now and again I tap an app I didn't want to open. Yea, Tablets in general are very annoying to use and you would have to be an idiot to think I would ever replace my PC in exchange for a tablet or smartphone.

If you dont want to add a bulky case try some anti slip tape. I have used generic black "bat" tape but there is a ton of choices in every possible color. It will collect dirt so it does need to be replaced periodically. A single piece of well placed tape can provide enough extra finger grip.

Best part of plasti dip is if you get it on your fingers before it dries you will lose sensitivity for 3 months like I had happen!

Just goto talon grips, they sell some nice rubber grip tape or sandpaper tape in non cut block/sheets. It sticks good and will come with no trace.

Or goto home depot and get some bathtub/skateboard grip tape.

Either goto home depot and get some grip tape for shower bottoms or skateboards or buy some nice granulated rubber adhesive tape from talon grips. They sell them non cut sheets.

just file / hatch mark a texture into it like I did mine. They are cheap enough it's not going to effect resell value.

Just do a competent uniform job and it will look decent and works wonders.

At first I tried a foam tape but it quickly got nasty with finger sweat. lol

Like Shadoww said, go to a sporting goods store and get grip tape like they use on baseball bats and hockey stick handles.

Back