Very quick Q: New mobo drivers, how to proceed?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
So i just checked my UD5H's page on Gigabyte's site, and some of the drivers listed are newly updated (USB 3.0 driver, Intel VGA driver). I was curious do i just download and install them? Or do i have to remove the old driver versions that i installed a few weeks ago ago when i got this rig and THEN install the new drivers?

Also where do i find the list of things changed with a new Bios update? F8 bios just released (im on F7 with no issues at all) however all it says beside it on the site is "Improved Keyboard Compatibility". I doubt thats all thats been changed/updated.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139&dl=1#bios

So no one has ever installed newer drivers on their system and either uninstalled the old ones or just installed the new ones? No advice?

I don't have a Gigabyte board so cant help with the bios details, but Intel drivers uninstall the old ones when you install new ones. It's pretty seamless (not counting the p.i.t.a it is rounding up all the different drivers you need in the first place).

Either method should be okay. I know people constantly worry about old drivers interfering with new drivers. I don't.

Back