Very Old PC Game - Need help w/ name :)

jmackay

2[H]4U
Ok I don't remember much, because I played it probably 15 years ago or so :p

You were a robot, and could "transform" between a human and aircraft (and maybe even car or other vehicle? Don't remember honestly...)

I think the robot was mostly white colored, don't remember the "trim" color.

Its a side-scroller, and was very fun at the time, just trying to remember the name of it heh

Any ideas?

This was one of the first apple games I ever played. I believe it was called Thexder. You were a robotech styled bot and had limited energy and couldn't stop moving.

Site's back up. I was the 768th visitor lol

I totally remember that game, and it's sequal.

Hard fsking games. Especially for an 8 year old or whatever I was at the time.

Ok here's another one for ya: it was a tower type game (multiple floors, multiple rooms) with a 2D/3D view (perspective view, 2D graphics). You could pick up weapons (like green globs, rocks) that when you shot, they followed the perspective angle at which you were facing. The enemies were odds monsters, greenish and weird looking.

Quick mspaint of game view:
gamewi9.jpg

Ok here's another one for ya: it was a tower type game (multiple floors, multiple rooms) with a 2D/3D view (perspective view, 2D graphics). You could pick up weapons (like green globs, rocks) that when you shot, they followed the perspective angle at which you were facing. The enemies were odds monsters, greenish and weird looking.

gamewi9.jpg
I have no idea about that one.
Your MSPaint skills are dramatically 1337er than mine, that's for sure.

gamewi9.jpg

Was it Mystic Towers?

This feels like jeopardy, but for games. :D

I'll take Obscure DOS Games for 600, Alex. :cool:

BTW that room drawing makes my eyes all googly with its optical illusion qualities. Are you looking down at the floor from the inside of the room or up at the floor from the outside of the room? Hmmm......:confused:

Back on topic, no idea what game that is but if you throw enough of them out there I might come up with one.

gamewi9.jpg

That sounds like Gauntlet, a four player game.

Back