Very high CCD1 temp readings?

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
On the X570 Tuf Pro and 5900X with just PBO enabled (disabled also makes no difference), CC1 is idling in the mid 60s...sometimes on reboot it will shoot down to 40s like CCD2 and as expected but mostly just stays in 60-70 range. Running latest 3801 bios and def don't remember it being this high when I was testing it a few months ago. Thoughts? Seems to be a software or temp reading glitch but BIOS also shows the high temps (idling in 50s in BIOS).

The heatsink is on tight and snug and CCD2 is in the 40s at all times idling so I doubt it's a heatsink contact problem.
1619635017393.png

Last edited:
Does seem a little high.

Same CPU and CCD1 idles around 39C, CCD2 at 35C. Measured in Aquasuite.

Not using Ryzen Master but probably need to..I do still think it's a glitch and not an actual issue of some sort. Interesting that CPU package is showing 93W, may be a process is loading some cores in which cases the temps make sense.

Last edited:
Does your CPU clock down at all? There are some settings in both bios and windows that can prevent your CPU from clocking down when almost idle. My guess is that you have quite a few background services and other stuff running so the computer is not really idle. Even something as low as 2-3% load will cause the CPU to spin up quite a bit and cause much higher idle temps, though 60 degrees seems excessive.

CCD1 is the preferred CCD so that will be loaded first (up to 6 threads), before the CPU starts to use CCD2, hence it is normal that there is a large gap with only a few threads running. With an even 24 thread load the difference should be somewhere between 5 and 12 degrees at stock (142watts), depending on the quality of the CPU sample and cooling mount. E.g. running something like cinebench, aida64 stress test, OCCT or similar should give you a much smaller gap, but quite high temps at 180w at stable state.

Does your CPU clock down at all? There are some settings in both bios and windows that can prevent your CPU from clocking down when almost idle. My guess is that you have quite a few background services and other stuff running so the computer is not really idle. Even something as low as 2-3% load will cause the CPU to spin up quite a bit and cause much higher idle temps, though 60 degrees seems excessive.

CCD1 is the preferred CCD so that will be loaded first (up to 6 threads), before the CPU starts to use CCD2, hence it is normal that there is a large gap with only a few threads running. With an even 24 thread load the difference should be somewhere between 5 and 12 degrees at stock (142watts), depending on the quality of the CPU sample and cooling mount. E.g. running something like cinebench, aida64 stress test, OCCT or similar should give you a much smaller gap, but quite high temps at 180w at stable state.
You are probably on to something there and I suspect something similar based on the thread I linked above..will test later and report back.

Update: Just changed the Windows power plan to power saver and both CCD1 and CCD2 now at 41 C during light desktop use. Need to see how gaming and boosts are affected but seems to be a solution for now.

Update: Just changed the Windows power plan to power saver and both CCD1 and CCD2 now at 41 C during light desktop use. Need to see how gaming and boosts are affected but seems to be a solution for now.
Did you have it set to Ryzen Balanced previously?

Back