Very faint static and Beep noises on front audio jack

prne10

Limp Gawd
I'm running sound from my Abit IP35 Pro board and when I plug my headphones into the front jack on my case, there is a faint static sound accompanied by a beeping noise that is sporadic. I can't figure out where it is coming from but it is annoying to the point that I can't use the front jack. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this one so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:confused:

I think it might be a combination of the sensitivity of your headphones and onboard audio sucking.

I do have my cellphone within about 3-5 feet (in my pocket).

Perhaps I should try my x-fi... only problem is that the x-fi that I have doesn't have the right pins for my front jack.

In all seriousness, next time you hear that noise, turn off your cell phone and see if it goes away. I know it sounds ridiculous, but some carriers actually cause a noticeable interference in stereo equipment.

Tried shutting off my cell but it didn't seem to help. I guess it could be shitty onboard audio causing the problem. As for the x-fi card I have, anyone else know about the problem with the side pins? I mean, I think it is proprietary connection unless you have the individual plugs for each pin.( I had that for my lanboy but that was a pain in the ass because they always fell out.)

In all seriousness, next time you hear that noise, turn off your cell phone and see if it goes away. I know it sounds ridiculous, but some carriers actually cause a noticeable interference in stereo equipment.

Not ridiculous at all. Heh, if I have my headphones on I often know that I'm about to get a call or text message a few seconds ahead of time because of the amount of interference it usually causes.

Not ridiculous at all. Heh, if I have my headphones on I often know that I'm about to get a call or text message a few seconds ahead of time because of the amount of interference it usually causes.

Haha, yeah, if you've experienced it before it doesn't sound ridiculous. It is kind of a nice warning though :D.

Back