Very close to HoT!: X3220 for $290.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

Gawd
http://www.provantage.com/intel-bx80562x3220~7ITEP2HC.htm

When I ordered one, there was only one in stock. Next day, they raised the price by about $5, and listed as backordered. A couple days later, they had 3 back in stock and they also put the price back to $290.92.
Today, they are backordered and the price is $295.64.
I though it was a very close to hot deal because of their high shipping charge (compared with others). Still, their x3220 price is the lowest I've seen recently.

http://www.provantage.com/intel-bx80562x3220~7ITEP2HC.htm

When I ordered one, there was only one in stock. Next day, they raised the price by about $5, and listed as backordered. A couple days later, they had 3 back in stock and they also put the price back to $290.92.
Today, they are backordered and the price is $295.64.
I though it was a very close to hot deal because of their high shipping charge (compared with others). Still, their x3220 price is the lowest I've seen recently.

Dude, you might as well just buy a Q6600, they are pretty much the same thing.

I received the CPU today, and it's G0! :D

X3220
SLACT
L719B265
08/06/07

These guys are located about 20 minutes from my house, tempting ...

Not saying that i don't believed you, its just that they advertised B3 and you got G0. You can go back and sue them for false advertisement.

I know it sounds stupid and weird but you have every rights to do it since it is not what it advertised.

The point here is that, why did they advertised B3? Could they just leave the stepping out?

Not saying that i don't believed you, its just that they advertised B3 and you got G0. You can go back and sue them for false advertisement.

I know it sounds stupid and weird but you have every rights to do it since it is not what it advertised.

The point here is that, why did they advertised B3? Could they just leave the stepping out?

Lol, I subscribed to this thread just to see your reaction to his reply. Seriously, get over it, thanks.

Funny how i'm being respectful, stating my reasoning and yet i'm being bombarded by a bunch of useless posts.

Unless you could clarify my question, don't post.

Oh, also, i'll subscribe to this thread to see your reaction.

How would you feel if they advertised G0 and give you B3?

I think you failed to realize that G0 is not some sort of new processor out. It is just a newer revision. Therefore the site may well have forgot to change the stepping information on the page. They ordered some Q6600 and they got Q6600, whether or not it is G0 they might not be aware of.

You would lose the lawsuit and look like a complete toolsack for trying. In fact, you are a toolsack for even posting/thinking this. Please do everyone here a favor, delete yourself from the internet.

You would lose the lawsuit and look like a complete toolsack for trying. In fact, you are a toolsack for even posting/thinking this. Please do everyone here a favor, delete yourself from the internet.

always take legal advice from teh intarweb!

I told Provantage about an issue on their site where a case they sell had a pic of a similar product. The reason I pointed this out to them was because I wanted the item pictured, not the one they were actually selling. I tried calls to their customer service department and emails to the webmaster, but they never managed to fix the listing. 9 months later, they still have the AOpen G50 case for sale with a pic of the G35 in black, which was never released in North America to my knowledge. They really don't deserve your business and in the event that you had to describe that the stepping ordered does not match the stepping received, it would be an exercise in futility with the simple creatures that populate the ranks of their company.

That being said, before we lash out at our fellow brothers in [H], look at the company you are dealing with. They are the source of the problem, not the person who points that out, etc.

I would first make a complain to them to ship me a correct one if they advertised G0 and ended up sending me a B3. Of course, I'll have them pay for all shipping charges.
But that's not the case here. They advetised B3, and sent me a G0. Why would anyone sue them for making their customers more satisfied with their purchase?
I guess you could sue them if this caused you a heartattack, but it's just another frevilous law suite.

I'm sorry in advanced if i'm totally wrong, and please don't bash me for this, but doesn't stores come with Terms and Conditions that you agree with when you buy from their store, kinda of like Terms and Conditions that stores include about Price changes/Product Changes. Apparently they have the right to have these "human errors", and if you're not satisfied, Simply return it, hopefully it's a liable trustworthy store.

Provantage said:
Prices. Web Site prices are updated daily (Monday-Friday; holidays excluded) and are current to the best of our knowledge when posted. However, because of the dynamic nature of the computer industry, some products, prices, manufacturer promotions or offers may change before we are able to update and post the information on this Web Site. In the event of an unexpected cost increase or other change, we will contact you to determine whether you want to continue your order at the new price or cancel your order. We reserve the right to decline the acceptance of any orders.

Newegg said:
Product listings
Newegg.com strives for accuracy in all item descriptions, photographs, compatibility references, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information contained herein or referenced on our website. Due to human error and other determinates we cannot guarantee that all item descriptions, photographs, compatibility references, detailed specifications, pricing, links and any other product-related information listed is entirely accurate, complete or current, nor can we assume responsibility for these errors. In the event a product listed on our website is labeled with an incorrect price due to some typographical, informational, technical or other error, Newegg.com shall at its sole discretion have the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information. Additionally, all hyperlinks to other websites from Newegg.com are provided as resources to customers looking for additional information and/or professional opinion. Newegg.com does not assume responsibility for the claims and/or representations made on these or any other websites.
Product Revisions
Newegg.com is not responsible for changes or variations in product specifications and/or physical appearance. In the interest of our customers, Newegg.com puts forth its best efforts to ensure that all product information is up-to-date and factual. Unfortunately there are varying determinates which, although infrequent, could cause the information on our website to become outdated without our immediate knowledge. This includes but is not limited to new versions or revisions, color deviations, retail package alterations and other variations that may be considered inconsequential by the manufacturer. Newegg.com relies on the manufacturer to communicate these differences. Presently we have no way of alerting customers prior to purchase in the event the manufacturer fails to do so. Consequently, Newegg.com will not be held responsible for product revision changes.

I apologize if I'm "adding more fuel to the flame" If so, please please disregard this post.

Sigh, it know it does have the policy, every site/company does. Thats not the point of my conversation though.

At least one person explained it well enough, thats all i really cared

always take legal advice from teh intarweb!

I told Provantage about an issue on their site where a case they sell had a pic of a similar product. The reason I pointed this out to them was because I wanted the item pictured, not the one they were actually selling. I tried calls to their customer service department and emails to the webmaster, but they never managed to fix the listing. 9 months later, they still have the AOpen G50 case for sale with a pic of the G35 in black, which was never released in North America to my knowledge. They really don't deserve your business and in the event that you had to describe that the stepping ordered does not match the stepping received, it would be an exercise in futility with the simple creatures that populate the ranks of their company.

That being said, before we lash out at our fellow brothers in [H], look at the company you are dealing with. They are the source of the problem, not the person who points that out, etc.

Sigh, it know it does have the policy, every site/company does. Thats not the point of my conversation though.

Why haven't you deleted yourself from the internet yet?

The best explanation I have seen is

himmy said:
You would lose the lawsuit and look like a complete toolsack for trying. In fact, you are a toolsack for even posting/thinking this.

And yeah, we are fully aware that you are really not going to do that for something so retarded.. it's just the fact that this is what your mentality is. Sue a company for false advertisment... LOL. I'm sorry.. it's just not too often you see someone with such a ridiculous notion of how the law works, but around here it happens all the time. People wanting to sue game companies because their game did not meet the hype (false advertisement), people wanting to sue because their computer hardware they just purchased didn't work in their specific machine....etc..etc. I wish when people made such time waisting law suits, if they lost or the case got thrown out, they could be counter sued. That would be all too sweet.

horse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back