Verizon's LTE-enabled Galaxy Nexus priced at $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came here for some news on the Galaxy Nexus, instead I have 5 pages of chiu taking a massive shit all over the forums.

Chiu, can you please give it up. This is a thread about rumored price and release date of the Galaxy Nexus. This is not a thread about how much HTC is paying you. Please take it someone else, stay on topic, and stop shitting all over the place.

Sure. Let's talk about whether Galaxy Nexus would be priced at $0.01. I think it is highly impossible, because Samsung has paid so much advertisement fee of the phone to make an inferior product sounds great to customers. I saw the advertisement of Galaxy Nexus all over the Internet. Sadly, while they have money to spend on advertisement, they won't put a slightly better camera on the phone.

There were rumors that Galaxy Nexus was released in October, but unfortunately the release date in the US is still uncertain until now. Perhaps it is because Samsung has to let people outside the US to get a taste of it first before Americans like you. But December is approaching. If Samsung is still holding the release of the phone in the US, I am afraid other phones will get ICS update before it is being released. At that time there will be better choices in the market.

Last edited:
Please

Bad part is I liked the phone before, but now I have a bad taste in my mouth about it

Because of Chiu? Don't be an idiot. I've been following this thread since the beginning, and when he showed up, one thing became certain: he is either an extremely persistent troll, or honestly is extremely ignorant. There is no in between. I've spent 9+ years on this forum, and have seen my fair share of good/bad posters, and Chiu is just a shitty poster, there is nothing more to it.

Maybe I'll buy the Rezound.... and then video tape myself smashing it into a thousand pieces. Then I'll send the video to you.

Your phone smashing reminds me a personal reason why I can't choose Galaxy Nexus. I don't know why but when I look at the phone, I have a strong urge to make it completely flat. I am afraid one day when I put my Galaxy Nexus on a table, I can't hold myself to press it on the table to make it completely flat.

I am afraid if I share this feeling with you, some of you may really do this. So *DON'T* press your Galaxy Nexus on your table.

Last edited:
leright.gif

Are you that fucking dense? The reason it is like that is because guess what it fucking sells, which has sold more? Your precious rezound or a SGS2 ? I'm willing to bet that it is the SGS2, If i had the option of a less visually appealing setting(to the masses and not screen snobs like yourself) or the more visually appealing setting (again to the masses and not yourself), ill choose the one that the majority of the population would like, rather than the small amount, that's how you get sales by the image.....

If you feel the need to change it go ahead, as for your redness, i call fucking bull or i'm just a blind bugger. Just looked at a picture on my phone (Nexus S), with brightness on full, and looks dam good to me, but what do i know? i'm just one of the mindless masses that are not as well informed as your highness chiu ..... learn to fucking go with facts not your opinions, believe it or not there is a difference.

The pictures on my old iPhone 3gs looks more natural than any phones using AMOLED screen. I can't see the redness on human faces.

If AMOLED screens need calibrations, they are inferior products.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/2...exus-vs-droid-razr-vs-htc-rezound/#more-54303

Screen comparison. The author states you will like the nexus if you like your colors to pop but he said of course that is just a....wait for it.....preference. who knew?

Says it at the end of the video.

Good reference. The reviewer do not tell one phone is better than the other. But I can analyze the photos and the movie a little further to tell which one is better.

In the first photo, the font size is too large to tell the difference. The second photo shows Rezound screens remains very shape and no greenish/bluish edges even for smaller fonts, while Nexus starts to show some greenish/bluish edges.

From the second photo, we can extrapolate what will happen if the font size is even smaller, the greenish/bluish edges will become so big and the font would start to look like what you see on RAZR in the second picture. Clearly, the characters on Rezound will remind sharp at that point. It is all because the pixel/subpixel density on Rezound is much higher than Galaxy Nexus. From what I see in the second photo, the subpixel density on Rezound is about twice as dense as Galaxy Nexus.

However, I have to admit that the higher resolution on Galaxy Nexus helps a lot despite Pentile subpixel scheme is being used. The blur occurs only for very very small fonts, or fonts with a lot of pointy end points (not the font the reviewer used in the photos). Unfortunately, the Starcraft screencasts I watch do have smaller characters.

The skin color of the people in the movie on AMOLED screens are very very very red---red to point that the people looks pretty unnatural. This may be what he calls "color pop". I think it is why the author won't say that the AMOLED screens on Galaxy Nexus is absolutely better, because it isn't in terms of color accuracy.

Last edited:
this guy exists purely to argue with anything you say

you say the sky is blue, he says it has a greenish tint, and the guy who made it is lying to you.....blasphemy!

Because of Chiu? Don't be an idiot. I've been following this thread since the beginning, and when he showed up, one thing became certain: he is either an extremely persistent troll, or honestly is extremely ignorant. There is no in between. I've spent 9+ years on this forum, and have seen my fair share of good/bad posters, and Chiu is just a shitty poster, there is nothing more to it.

Never said it is a bad phone or will think so, but this guy has been picking it apart so bad I'm seeing the downsides too much.

Everyone, just report chiu. It's the triangle in the top right of his posts. This is getting ridiculous. He's making a third of the posts on every page, it's basically just spam at this point.

meanwhile, my Droid Charge, running 2.3.6 Gingerbread (only available to us hackers) with custom Voodoo enabled kernel (only available to us hackers) and latest leaked EP4D radio (only available to us hackers) is pulling 20Mbps down and 20Mbps upload speeds back to back.....with a SAMOLED+ display with voodoo screen tweaks.....the only thing better would be to be doing it on AOSP based roms, which is coming....Samsung makes an amazingly good product, after you get past all the haters

amazing

Last edited:
Wat? Im honestly wondering what he has taken from the comments in this thread.

I am sorry, Trimlock. No hard feeling.

Galaxy Nexus, by itself, is a pretty good phone, as long as you don't consider other new smartphones in the market. Although most smartphones, even the old ones, have none of the above hardware issues, Galaxy Nexus is, after all, the first ICS cellphone. So if you just look at the OS and forget about the hardware, it is still the best phone in the market.

But if you absolutely need peace of mind, you should probably stop reading this forum and other tech news for a while. ICS phones and tablets will roll out one after another in the coming months, and your $200-$300 Galaxy Nexus will be no longer unique.

Last edited:
dont go there, Trimlock, go buy a different phone, thanks bye

I'm not, its already been mentioned many times before I don't really care to rehash it. I bought a phone a while back that is horrendous in comparison to the Rezound, but I still love it.

Doubl3KiLL, I'm not trying to disrepect you by saying that, I honestly do think its a great phone, but this conversation has just taken a step back for the most part on a pretty damn good phone.

I wonder if someone will advertise another phone to compete, one with out the beats pro stuff? Something that includes some buds thats designed more for sound enthusiasts?

The skin color of the people in the movie on AMOLED screens are very very very red---red to point that the people looks pretty unnatural. This may be what he calls "color pop". I think it is why the author won't say that the AMOLED screens on Galaxy Nexus is absolutely better, because it isn't in terms of color accuracy.
I'm curious. What kind of computer monitor do you use?

meanwhile, my Droid Charge, running 2.3.6 Gingerbread (only available to us hackers) with custom Voodoo enabled kernel (only available to us hackers) and latest leaked EP4D radio (only available to us hackers) is pulling 20Mbps down and 20Mbps upload speeds back to back.....with a SAMOLED+ display with voodoo screen tweaks.....the only thing better would be to be doing it on AOSP based roms, which is coming....Samsung makes an amazingly good product, after you get past all the haters

amazing

My Rezound:

107923347.png

This 4g stuff may catch on someday. lol.

My Rezound:

107923347.png

This 4g stuff may catch on someday. lol.

yeah, i have hit 39Mbps, depends on where I am and the time of day, it's unbelievably fast, i wasn't joking when I said I could upload it to the cloud and download on another handset faster than physically moving it on a sdcard, it's multitudes faster

Wat? Im honestly wondering what he has taken from the comments in this thread.

"this guy has been picking it apart so bad I'm seeing the downsides too much."

I didn't see any reason to go any deeper into that comment, given the level of crap in this thread already, we have chui, that's enough negativity

My unofficial sprint wimax in Memphis gave me 4 Mbps... And I thought that was amazing...

meanwhile, my Droid Charge, running 2.3.6 Gingerbread (only available to us hackers) with custom Voodoo enabled kernel (only available to us hackers) and latest leaked EP4D radio (only available to us hackers)...

When did updating your kernel or downloading firmware make you a hacker?

When did updating your kernel or downloading firmware make you a hacker?

He was making fun of Chiu for calling anyone who does that type of stuff "hackers". If I OC my phone, then apparently I hacked it :p.

The other day I exchanged my Evo 3D for a Nexus S- the Evo was having some screen digitizer issues, and I wanted to try out a "stock" Android phone. Anyways- SAMOLED is awesome compared to LCD. Not only are the blacks BLACK, but the colors are bright and vivid. I installed the voodoo control as suggested like 50 pages ago, and the color accuracy seems pretty decent. My only complaint is that the color bit depth doesn't seem to be quite as good as the Evo's LCD (There is noticable banding on images that contain gradients). I'm sold on OLED from here on.

He was making fun of Chiu for calling anyone who does that type of stuff "hackers". If I OC my phone, then apparently I hacked it :p.

Oh, ok... :D

I support a program that writes firmware to "devices", among other things. I was shaking my head in disbelief...

I'm not, its already been mentioned many times before I don't really care to rehash it. I bought a phone a while back that is horrendous in comparison to the Rezound, but I still love it.

Doubl3KiLL, I'm not trying to disrepect you by saying that, I honestly do think its a great phone, but this conversation has just taken a step back for the most part on a pretty damn good phone.

I wonder if someone will advertise another phone to compete, one with out the beats pro stuff? Something that includes some buds thats designed more for sound enthusiasts?

Lol saying you don't like a phone that I do doesn't disrespect me.

I'm glad this thread has turned into such a shitheap that we can't even have structured conversation anymore.

Lol saying you don't like a phone that I do doesn't disrespect me.

I'm glad this thread has turned into such a shitheap that we can't even have structured conversation anymore.

Not saying I dislike the phone, just saying I don't care to talk about it anymore, because honestly the phone has way more positives then negatives, and not in this thread because its about the Nexus.

I'd rather CHANGE the direction of this conversation, it dove way too fast into a phone pissing match. I don't really get it, its not like we are paid to talk up any of this products or down another.

I'd rather CHANGE the direction of this conversation, it dove way too fast into a phone pissing match. I don't really get it, its not like we are paid to talk up any of this products or down another.

It doesn't help when someone like Chiu comes into the thread flame baiting everyone by claiming one of the best phones on the market is a POS phone and can't say one positive thing about it, which goes in the face of every reputable review of the phone since they all agree it's one of the best devices they've ever seen. Then does it under the guise of trying to "help them out" by exaggerating the phones potential shortcomings and lists examples about using the phone in the most unorthodox manner in an attempt to highlight those potential shortcomings (using multiple microSD cards to share media with friends? lolz). But worse than that is just his inept ability to keep arguing the most debatable things in order to just have the last word. I think that's really the reason why he's ended up on so many ignore lists now.

He is just someone to simply be ignored and I'm glad that everyone realizes that now though. :)

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/29/screen-comparison-galaxy-nexus-vs-droid-razr-vs-htc-rezound/

Here is a pretty recent review comparing te nexus to the rezound and the razr. I think it's pretty impartial and does a good job of exploring the screens. I'm really looking for a review that compares the call quality but do far my google fu is failing :(

Yeah, that was posted already (post# 250) ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back