Verizon's LTE-enabled Galaxy Nexus priced at $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As nice as the Nexus is to be, a Rezound does have better specs and such in some areas, it's hard to deny that.

At they very least they are very comparable, and for the 1 cent deal, I could not justify the extra 200 bucks on the nexus, when the Rezound is also really, really nice.

it depends on what you expect to do with the device. If you are someone who will leave it stock and use it as they give it to you, then yes, by all means, go ahead, either one will be fine. If you want to root and rom and have everything on the cutting edge, the Nexus is the obvious choice. A Nexus with AOSP will run circles around a Rezound running stock firmware.

...My central point is that Galaxy Nexus's hardware spec sucks.

My arguments are based on facts and I have never said somethings that are not true. If you think I am wrong, say your points.

Prove it that the Nexus' Hardware sucks. Links to tests, reviews, or comparisons of the two phones. All of the current reviews from Endgadget, Verge, and others say you are 100% wrong. Disprove them.

it depends on what you expect to do with the device. If you are someone who will leave it stock and use it as they give it to you, then yes, by all means, go ahead, either one will be fine. If you want to root and rom and have everything on the cutting edge, the Nexus is the obvious choice. A Nexus with AOSP will run circles around a Rezound running stock firmware.

Can a Rezound run AOSP?

Thank you. But then you need to tell us how tuning the color temperature can help to reduce to color over saturation problem on AMOLED display such as the one on Galaxy Nexus. I really have no clue how color temperature is related to the color saturation issue and avoid the disney land effect on AMOLED screen. I think it can't.
You try to prop yourself up as an authority on screens, so if you don't know this, why are you making such a large deal out of it?

It is a comparison between different subpixel schemes. The Pentile subpixel scheme on Galaxy Nexus will be the same on Galaxy Nexus.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Why not? If there is bias in a poll, we should not trust it, even if the poll size is larger.
The better question is this: In what way is there a bias against the Rezound?
Proof is needed.
A claim of "bias" is without merit until it has been demonstrated.
Show me where this bias is.

Can't help you, sorry.
Yep. Sounds about right...

I am not spamming the thread. What are said are meaningful and useful to a lot of poeple.
Meaningful and useful imply they have validity and truth. Your posts are manipulative and full of misinformation.

I have said repeatedly that on this thread I will talk about Galaxy Nexus alone, and its wonderful inferior features. Period.
Saying and doing are two entirely different things. The point remains: Your central theme is that the Rezound is has features that the GNex does not(Some minor, some moderate, some major, and some fabricated), and is the better choice.

Every counter point you make against the GNex is something that you have said the Rezound has.

You like the Rezound more, that's awesome, but don't lie and fabricate information.

Well, we both will be running custom roms and root and everything else. It will all come with custom roms and so forth. While it is nice that the nexus comes completely unlocked, its not like hboot wont be unlocked either.

So tbh within a month it will be irrelevant, as Nexus users wont be using AOSP, and neither will Rezound. Will be alot of CM9 and so forth.

You try to prop yourself up as an authority on screens, so if you don't know this, why are you making such a large deal out of it?

Let me make my point more clear. My point is that your color temperature trick, even if it works, won't solve the color oversaturation issue on AMOLED screens, lets alone the blur lines/edges issue. Tuning the color temperature can make your eyes less sensitive those issues, and it won't change these fundamental faults on AMOLED screens.

There is no need to go through this trick if you are using a traditional LCD screen, as there are no such problems.

The better question is this: In what way is there a bias against the Rezound?
Proof is needed.

This thread is about Galaxy Nexus and I decline to answer this question.

Meaningful and useful imply they have validity and truth. Your posts are manipulative and full of misinformation.

Then you have to tell me which information I gave out is misinformation. I tried my best to make my information as correct as possible.

When I said T4rd gave out misinformation, I have a post listing all the things he said is incorrect and wrong. Try it on me, notetcetera. If you can't, stop defaming me, please.

P.S. ignored many posts by nobody_here.

Last edited:
Prove it that the Nexus' Hardware sucks. Links to tests, reviews, or comparisons of the two phones. All of the current reviews from Endgadget, Verge, and others say you are 100% wrong. Disprove them.

I have told people about the color oversaturation and blur edge issues on AMOLED screen. Isn't enough to prove that Nexus' Hardware sucks?
How about the lack of SD card slots and the 5MP camera? If not, then your suckness means a lot suckier...

The biggest suckness of Galaxy Nexus is the lack of prominent features. I really can't tell what special about it, except its ICS and the banana shape.

Galaxy Nexus is definitely not worth your $200.

If you insist that Galaxy Nexus is great, why don't you tell us why? No body can say a few words about the greatness of Galaxy Nexus have indirectly proved that Galaxy Nexus is not great, if not suck.

Last edited:

The Nexus actually gains less from rooting than a Rezound does. Nexus already has access to most of the basic things you want from a ROM and since every patch will be streamlined for it, performance won't be much of an issue. The Rezound is loaded with HTC's shit that is drastically impacting performance on the phone. Rooting it and taking all that shit off will make a noticeable impact on its performance.

And you havent seen the arguments against your SD point? I personally have ~8GB free on my Nexus S (16GB), that includes having music, apps, a nice amount of photos.....i dont see a need for me having more than 16GB on a phone, let alone 32 or 64.....

As for the camera, i dont expect any phone to be good, there is a reason I have a D5000, if I need a good picture ill use that, cell phone = FB/quick pic, which do not need bleeding edge of camera tech......And so since teh GNexus has an AMOLED it is the suck? Well that is your opinion, and you have kept crapping on the Nexus in a thread just saying what the bloody price was....

also its a little PITA, can you learn to speak english or use a better translator ?

I have told people about the color oversaturation and blur edge issues on AMOLED screen. Isn't enough to prove that Nexus' Hardware sucks?
How about the lack of SD card slots and the 5MP camera? If not, then your suckness means a lot suckier...

The biggest suckness of Galaxy Nexus is the lack of prominent features. I really can't tell what special about it, except its ICS and the banana shape.

If you insist that Galaxy Nexus is great, why don't you tell us why? No body can say a few words about the greatness of Galaxy Nexus have indirectly proved that Galaxy Nexus is not great, if not suck.

Already been done, time and time again. It is your turn to disprove Endgadget, Verge, Anand, and other review sites. Their testing and early reviews all disprove everything you have said. So the simple fact of the matter is it falls on you to disprove them.

You think 64gb isn't enough storage, that is personal preference, 64 gb is more than enough.

You don't like the shape, that is personal preference, review sites say it feels and fits great in your hand.

You don't like AMOLED screens, that is personal preference, the majority of people do and the review sites are saying it is the best screen they have seen yet on a phone.

The 5MP camera; A camera lens isn't all about MP. HAving more MP doesn't make a picture more clear. It is about the lens, the aperture, and the lighting more than the MP. The software used on the Nexus appears to be top notch while the camera is just average.

Again, early review sites have all their first impressions and benchmarks, that aren't optimized for ICS currently, where you can get your information from. So again, the onus of the argument falls on you to prove your points against those from the review sites.

In all the years I've been here, chiu is the first person to ever make it to my ignore list. :p

The Nexus actually gains less from rooting than a Rezound does. Nexus already has access to most of the basic things you want from a ROM and since every patch will be streamlined for it, performance won't be much of an issue. The Rezound is loaded with HTC's shit that is drastically impacting performance on the phone. Rooting it and taking all that shit off will make a noticeable impact on its performance.

I agree with this - Sense is definitely bloat and slows the device down.

There will eventually be AOSP ROMs for the Rezound, as HTC devices typically have a solid development community.

If you are okay with the thickness of the Rezound, and waiting for AOSP ROMs (which will likely be Jan-Feb for CM9) then by all means jump on it.

I'm in the same boat as the people who don't use that much space on their phone. If it was 16GB/32GB $199/$299, I would get the 16GB.

And you havent seen the arguments against your SD point? I personally have ~8GB free on my Nexus S (16GB), that includes having music, apps, a nice amount of photos.....i dont see a need for me having more than 16GB on a phone, let alone 32 or 64.....

I recalled Bill Gates once said, "640MB memory is enough".

Today smartphones can take HD videos, which can take up a lot of spaces.

Apart from the demand of larger storage space, there are a lot of good reasons to have a SD card slot. For instance, you can exchange information via SD card with your friends. I have one micro SD card for my 32 G music library, two micro SD cards of videos/movies, and one micro SD card for ebooks and documents. I can swap them as I wish if there is a SD card slot. The lack of SD card slots on Galaxy Nexus forbids me to do all this.

But if you like to a phone with no SD card slot, go ahead and buy a Galaxy Nexus.

As for the camera, i dont expect any phone to be good, there is a reason I have a D5000, if I need a good picture ill use that, cell phone = FB/quick pic, which do not need bleeding edge of camera tech......And so since teh GNexus has an AMOLED it is the suck? Well that is your opinion, and you have kept crapping on the Nexus in a thread just saying what the bloody price was....

I do expect all new smartphones should have good camera. Once again, if you like a phone with subpar camera, go ahead and buy a Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:
Already been done, time and time again. It is your turn to disprove Endgadget, Verge, Anand, and other review sites. Their testing and early reviews all disprove everything you have said. So the simple fact of the matter is it falls on you to disprove them.

As I said, you think there are good things you can say about Galaxy Nexus, say them here directly. I have told you my points and it is actually your turn to bring out your points.

You think 64gb isn't enough storage, that is personal preference, 64 gb is more than enough.

I haven't never said "64gb isn't enough storage". How come you said I have said somethings I have never said.

You don't like the shape, that is personal preference, review sites say it feels and fits great in your hand.

If you like the banana shape, go for it. I definitely won't buy it because I don't like the small distortions due to the curved shape on the screen. Personally, I think it is a stupid design.

You don't like AMOLED screens, that is personal preference, the majority of people do and the review sites are saying it is the best screen they have seen yet on a phone.

If you like AMOLED screens, go for it. I have told you why they suck. Yeah majority of people like it does not mean it doesn't suck; they simply do not know there are better options out there. Personally, I won't buy a fake 720p HD screen as there are real ones in the market.

The 5MP camera; A camera lens isn't all about MP. HAving more MP doesn't make a picture more clear. It is about the lens, the aperture, and the lighting more than the MP. The software used on the Nexus appears to be top notch while the camera is just average.

Nowadays 8MP camera is the standard. But if you like a 5MP camera instead, then go for it. How come you said "having more MP doesn't make a picture more clear"? This makes no sense. It is not hard to find a good and decent 8MP cameraphone on the market. The good ones are often better than 5MP cameras. You don't have to pick a bad 8MP camera in order to show that the 5MP camera on Galaxy Nexus is greater than 8MP cameras.

Again, early review sites have all their first impressions and benchmarks, that aren't optimized for ICS currently, where you can get your information from. So again, the onus of the argument falls on you to prove your points against those from the review sites.

What arguments are you talking about?

I see no need to prove anythings for you, lets alone arguing against every reviewer in the world just in order to make you happy.

Last edited:
Nowadays 8MP camera is the standard. But if you like a 5MP camera instead, then go for it. How come you said "having more MP doesn't make a picture more clear"? This makes no sense. It is not hard to find a good and decent 8MP cameraphone on the market. The good ones are often better than 5MP cameras. You don't have to pick a bad 8MP camera in order to show that the 5MP camera on Galaxy Nexus is greater than 8MP cameras.

Large sensors allow for more light per pixel- some large sensor cameras (Leica comes to mind) are quite expensive for even a moderate number of MP- people buy them because the images they produce are superior to higher MP sensors that occupy a smaller physical size. Apple got this exactly right with the 5MP sensor used in the iPhone4 and the results are fantastic, especially in low light situations. I was really hoping that we were going to get a comparable sensor in the NP.

now he starts in with the camera....OMG 8 is bigger than 5 so it must be better!! typical of someone who believes Beats audio is a feature worth paying for and the SAMOLED HD screen is junk and the GNex is shaped like a banana.....LOL this guy just keeps digging a hole

Like I said. He is just trolling now. I gave him the benefit of a doubt but I don't think it gets any clearer after his last couple posts. I will give him props as a marketing shill though. Best one yet in here. The rezound got a lot of attention from his posts I think.

I'm getting the Galaxy Nexus if it actually is $200 on Verizon. I wouldn't use the Rezound if someone gave it to me for free. I have spent two years with Sense on my Droid Inc (before finally rooting), and I won't ever go back. The Galaxy Nexus is the only Android phone worth having.

Why the fuck would I want to carry around 3 SD cards? 1) I have a few hundred gigs of music, i DONT need 32GB of it on the go, i throw a few play lists on, i'm not away from my computers more than a week or 2 at a time max, and even in a month i doubt i'd get tired of ~5-8 GB music, that is a shit ton of music (even in FLAC, you wont see a bloody difference with your amazing BEATS audio gimmick) ..... I'd rather have a simplier phone design with all onboard.

Yes, they can take HD video, and even when loading the stuff i *need* i have ~8-10GB free, more than enough for a day, hell even a week, of not offloading video/pictures on a vacation.......

Why do you expect a phone with a camera that is very small compared to a regular camera to have excellent picture quality? If your looking for excellent image quality on a phone, your doing it wrong....

I recalled Bill Gates once said, "640MB memory is enough".

Today smartphones can take HD videos, which can take up a lot of spaces.

Apart from the demand of larger storage space, there are a lot of good reasons to have a SD card slot. For instance, you can exchange information via SD card with your friends. I have one micro SD card for my 32 G music library, two micro SD cards of videos/movies, and one micro SD card for ebooks and documents. I can swap them as I wish if there is a SD card slot. The lack of SD card slots on Galaxy Nexus forbids me to do all this.

But if you like to a phone with no SD card slot, go ahead and buy a Galaxy Nexus.

I do expect all new smartphones should have good camera. Once again, if you like a phone with subpar camera, go ahead and buy a Galaxy Nexus.

with MrMike, 1st person i've felt the need to ignore:

and for shits/giggles-

P.S. ignored many posts by chiu

Lol, Chui is rapidly becoming [H]'s #1 ignored user! He's the first user I've felt the need to put on my ignore list in the 12 years I've been a forum member anywhere on the internet. Quite impressive. It's one thing to blatantly troll with the intention of starting controversy, but he has managed to do it while actually believing the crap that he posts and refusing to accept any evidence and user experiences that say otherwise.

Anyways, I think it would be pretty wise for Verizon to release a 16 GB and 32 GB variant. It would appeal to many more people who aren't HD media junkies or have 4G/WiFi connection all the time so it's easy to pull their stored content from the cloud. I think I'll get the 32 GB version still though since some of the games are huge and I like having the piece of mind that I definitely won't run out of storage anytime soon. I've only had 1-2 GBs free on my 16 GB SD card on my OG Droid for the last year or two. Most of it is old backups left on there though.

Anyways, I think it would be pretty wise for Verizon to release a 16 GB and 32 GB variant. It would appeal to many more people who aren't HD media junkies or have 4G/WiFi connection all the time so it's easy to pull their stored content from the cloud.

I used to let my parents to see the HD videos I recorded during my trips by giving them the SD cards on my phone directly, without going though the cloud sevices and email, etc. It is the fastest way for them to see those videos. Without the SD card slots, we have to go through the trouble to send the files over the network.

Like I said, if you like to get a cellphone without the SD card slot, go ahead to get one.

Last edited:
Why the fuck would I want to carry around 3 SD cards? 1) I have a few hundred gigs of music, i DONT need 32GB of it on the go, i throw a few play lists on, i'm not away from my computers more than a week or 2 at a time max, and even in a month i doubt i'd get tired of ~5-8 GB music, that is a shit ton of music (even in FLAC, you wont see a bloody difference with your amazing BEATS audio gimmick) ..... I'd rather have a simplier phone design with all onboard.

I didn't say you want to do that. I just said you can't do this on Galaxy Nexus.
Basically I am not interested in what you want.

Yes, they can take HD video, and even when loading the stuff i *need* i have ~8-10GB free, more than enough for a day, hell even a week, of not offloading video/pictures on a vacation.......

Again, you won't. But I will and many other people will.

Why do you expect a phone with a camera that is very small compared to a regular camera to have excellent picture quality? If your looking for excellent image quality on a phone, your doing it wrong....

I didn't compare it with the regular camera. I just said camera on smartphones today should take good pictures.

with MrMike, 1st person i've felt the need to ignore:

and for shits/giggles-

P.S. ignored many posts by chiu

I haven't said I want to ignore you too.

Haha, ignore list, what a wonderful feature.

Anyway, if they offer a 16gb version for $199, then that's what I'll get. My OG droid has a 16gb SD card and I've never used more than a couple of gigabytes. Having unlimited data (I'm usually on wifi anyway) and google music has pretty much eliminated my need for storage.

Haha, ignore list, what a wonderful feature.

Anyway, if they offer a 16gb version for $199, then that's what I'll get. My OG droid has a 16gb SD card and I've never used more than a couple of gigabytes. Having unlimited data (I'm usually on wifi anyway) and google music has pretty much eliminated my need for storage.

Same. If I'd do load movies or anything, they get removed after I watch them. Everything else is in the cloud.

Same. If I'd do load movies or anything, they get removed after I watch them. Everything else is in the cloud.

Notice that if you like using cloud services, you can still use them with any phone with SD card slots. But a smartphone without a SD card slots simply *can't* exchange files physically, limiting your opinions.

Good luck in finding a network connection to upload your video files (or download your movies in your case). Notice that your 3G/4G connection has a data limit that if you upload/download a file that is too large, it may cost you a lot.

But obviously Verizon loves you to buy their Galaxy Nexus and then use cloud services. I have to say a smartphone without SD card slots makes a lot sense to Verizon's business.

I have a Droid Charge and I have never pulled the 32gb microSD card out from the phone. Pretty much all file transfers go through the USB cable, and its normally just MP3s and APKs. Then again, I have an unlimited data plan so I pretty much just stream everything since LTE is so fast, which is pretty handy with everything eventually moving to the cloud. Who the hell shares video by swapping SD cards? People these days just post them on Facebook or Youtube. Plus, sd cards on Android phones can sometime hold important cache and application data for proper operation of the phone. I believe a G-Nex engineer has said there was some advantages by giving the entire data partition to Android rather than partially partioning it for the OS and the rest for general data.

Things being done physically is becoming the way of the past.

I have a Droid Charge and I have never pulled the 32gb microSD card out from the phone. Pretty much all file transfers go through the USB cable, and its normally just MP3s and APKs. Then again, I have an unlimited data plan so I pretty much just stream everything since LTE is so fast, which is pretty handy with everything eventually moving to the cloud. Who the hell shares video by swapping SD cards? People these days just post them on Facebook or Youtube. Plus, sd cards on Android phones can sometime hold important cache and application data for proper operation of the phone. I believe a G-Nex engineer has said there was some advantages by giving the entire data partition to Android rather than partially partioning it for the OS and the rest for general data.

It is certainly not the way of the past. Not yet, at least. People like to transfer SD cards from one phone to another, because it is fast and simple. Many people buy a few more SD cards to store different files. For them, it is a huge inconvenience if there is no SD card slots.

If you are not one of these people, then maybe Galaxy Nexus is for you. You would definitely like the fact that there is no SD slot on Galaxy Nexus, forcing yourself to search for an Internet connection when you need to use cloud services.

Agreed, I haven't seen really a whole lot of people who use SD cards to share anything phone wise. I think we did it like... once and then ended up using Dropbox anyways. Physical media is definitely on the way out for me in just about everything.

Agreed, I haven't seen really a whole lot of people who use SD cards to share anything phone wise. I think we did it like... once and then ended up using Dropbox anyways. Physical media is definitely on the way out for me in just about everything.

No problem. Then you may need to pay more to get a Galaxy Nexus with larger storage spaces. Hopefully Samsung/Verizon won't charge you $100 for a 16G storage space, as on iPhone. And I am glad I don't need to pay 1 cent more to get a large space (as I have a lot of those micro SD cards).

Chiu does ;) Though i agree, dropbox/FB/E-mail is tons easier, and often going to be quicker than giving someone a uSD card ..... then they have to swap it into their phone/PC and if your right there, why nto just show it to them on your own bloody phone ?

edit: chiu that is rhetorical, i cant see what you say

Chiu does ;) Though i agree, dropbox/FB/E-mail is tons easier, and often going to be quicker than giving someone a uSD card ..... then they have to swap it into their phone/PC and if your right there, why nto just show it to them on your own bloody phone ?

Then remember don't turn on the sharing opinion in your dropbox settings under 3G/4G connection. Otherwise, it will cost you a fortunate.

lol. There are so many posts by him that it almost makes me want to unignore him to see what he is going on about, almost.

I think so, tempted to check on a browser that i dont have auto logged onto [H]

lol. There are so many posts by him that it almost makes me want to unignore him to see what he is going on about, almost.

edit: Chiu, you can do Dropbox over wifi, and a good chunk of users in this thread it appears has unlimited data, sorry that you do not......also most of those people dont have cases on their phones i guess, its a PITA to have to take my phone out of its case whenever i would need to take the uSD out.......hmm was a good idea to fire up IE9 again i guess...

I think so, tempted to check on a browser that i dont have auto logged onto [H]

edit: Chiu, you can do Dropbox over wifi, and a good chunk of users in this thread it appears has unlimited data, sorry that you do not......also most of those people dont have cases on their phones i guess, its a PITA to have to take my phone out of its case whenever i would need to take the uSD out.......hmm was a good idea to fire up IE9 again i guess...

I've got unlimited data, I know I couldn't give a shit how much dropbox eats up or anything else for that matter.

i know i will have unlimited data in a few days :) so i wont care if i even use it

My thoughts exactly, it didnt say what size it is.

Hard to say whether that is for a 16gb model or a 32gb model. Also, it could just be that best buy is crap, as usual. I mean, they don't even have the name right. They are still calling it the Nexus Prime.

Why the hell would you ever take your SD card out of your phone? Esp. when you have to take the battery out of your phone to even get to it. It's much faster to just set up a WiFi file sharing system or even use the USB cable to transfer files to whatever PC you're trying to put the media onto.

The read/write speed on the G-Nex's internal memory would probably a bit faster than the transfer speed of any SD card, making file transfers pretty fast. I don't even know how you would keep track of multiple MicroSD cards either. I can be holding one and it will disappear like a friggin Chris Angel act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back