Verizon Wireless Adding New Fees to Older Cellphone Plans to Encourage Upgrades to 5G plans

I been out of the trendy loop for a while. I am on ATT, am i still supposed to hate people on verizon? Are we past that or did i just forget? haha

"rate plan adjustment fee" aka "Biden inflation adjustment fee"
And the award for arbitrary diversion into politics goes to...

Below-the-line fees are stunts companies have pulled regardless of who's running the country or how well the economy is doing. It's just a question of whether or not regulators have the guts to crack down when the fees are clearly deceptive and unnecessary.

I been out of the trendy loop for a while. I am on ATT, am i still supposed to hate people on verizon? Are we past that or did i just forget? haha

I'm pretty sure everyone is supposed to hate both ATT and VZW at present. I'm not sure if TMobile is currently on the 5 minute of hate list or not.

I’m on Visible with a grandfathered party pay plan. They keep telling me I NEED to switch to the new plan, mentioning 5G and “ new features “ but say I will keep the $25 per month.. my plan includes 5G and I know they will swap that price at their earliest convenience. If one of the features was unlimited hotspot at an unlocked speed then I might even pay more. But not for exactly the same service

And the award for arbitrary diversion into politics goes to...

Inflation is not politics, it's economics. Expecting companies to keep prices the same on old plans despite record inflation is wishful thinking at best, if not pure ignorance. I know it's easy to simply cast companies as greedy evil entities but they are not immune to the effects of inflation and ultimately it gets passed on to the consumer.

I was with Verizon for over a decade and had to bail when they decided my old plan wasn’t available anymore and arbitrarily changed it. The choice was more expensive by a lot or more expensive by 2x. I had been buying phones straight up and just activating them to avoid switching plans when upgrading through them. Party couldn’t last forever I suppose.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do this a few months ago at the same time they raised the price on my legacy non-unlimited (but still more data than I've ever used in a month) plan by a few dollars.

Of course I'm being encouraged to upgrade to a new 5g unlimited plan, even though my phone doesn't have 5g and 5g coverage around where I live is fairly minimal, which naturally would be more expensive.

Based on their LTE buildout I'm probably a year from having enough 5g coverage in my region for it to be worthwhile.

Back