Verizon Will Fix Your Smartphone’s Screen for $29

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Verizon customers can now enroll any phone purchased within the last 24 months in the Total Mobile Protection plan, which will run you $9 for basic phones and tablets and $11 for smartphones. Cracked screen repairs only cost $29, down from the previous $49 price tag. If you crack your screen and need a replacement you have two options: either bring the phone to one of 296 Verizon Wireless stores or have a certified technician come to your home or office in one of 152 cities.

Total Mobile Protection protects your phone in case of damage, loss or theft. It delivers replacement phones as soon as the next day and now has a new lower price for cracked screen repair at just $29 (lowered from $49). Cracked screen repair comes with two convenient options: either bring it to one of 296 certified repair stores or save yourself a trip and have a certified technician meet you at your home or office in 152 cities.

For just $132 per year, plus $29 per incident, you too can enjoy this piece of mind!

Or, you could buy a $30 case and stop being such a clumsy fuck.

But then everyone's fancy phones will get fatter, thicker, and not look as cool! Not look as "Magical" or "Standout" from the crowd.

All the while, I'm looking forward to the new Nokia.

For just $132 per year, plus $29 per incident, you too can enjoy this piece of mind!

Or, you could buy a $30 case and stop being such a clumsy fuck.

I dropped a smartphone 3 feet off a computer console onto a thinly carpeted floor while it had an Otterbox on it. It landed nearly perfectly face down and completely shattered the screen. Point here is that cases don't guarantee anything and having insurance so you only pay $160 to fix your screen instead of buying a brand new phone for $600+ is worth it to a lot of people.

Verizon Will Fix Your Smartphone's Screen for $29

lol... okay, how about this? I'll PAY YOU $40 to let me fix your smartphone screen, just pay me $150/mo until you need me to do it.

I dropped my G5 a month ago. The screen was $35 on ebay and installation was a breeze. There's something to be said for having a phone that isn't held together by copious amounts of glue.

I don't use cases and have never broken a phone. So you don't need to "buy a $30 case and stop being a clumsy fuck", you just need to stop being a clumsy fuck. The amount I have saved on cases + "cheap insurance" could easily buy me a new phone...or 2 new phones. Insurance if you aren't a clumsy fuck is just subsidizing all the clumsy fucks of the world.

So yeah pay up front $10 more than it would be to walk into one of those screen fix joints that are popping up in every strip mall on the day you do actually break the screen glass. People are stupid...

Heh, when I got my phone a few years ago it was $59 (Moto E). I've seen it on sale since then for $29. I'd just purchase a new phone if I broke the screen.

So it's $11/mo plus the $29 and if you really fuck up your phone it's a $199 deductible. So over the life of a 24 month contract you pay $264 plus $199 for the deductible which gives you a maximum potential insurance charge of $463.

Even if you plan to break your phone in the first month of owning it which would be the lowest possible insurance charge of $11 + $199 = $210, you would need to believe that you have a 26.25% chance of destroying your phone ($800 x 0.2625 = $210).

For every month that goes by, your chance of destroying your phone would need to continually increase in order to justify the insurance charge.

QX2jLhp.png

Even if you plan to break your phone in the first month of owning it which would be the lowest possible insurance charge of $11 + $199 = $210, you would need to believe that you have a 26.25% chance of destroying your phone ($800 x 0.2625 = $210).

The same math is why car dealerships apply the pressure to get customers to buy service contracts.

I dropped a smartphone 3 feet off a computer console onto a thinly carpeted floor while it had an Otterbox on it. It landed nearly perfectly face down and completely shattered the screen. Point here is that cases don't guarantee anything and having insurance so you only pay $160 to fix your screen instead of buying a brand new phone for $600+ is worth it to a lot of people.
You also skipped that pary about not being clumsy.. Which covers you 100%. But then again HDD's are bad because if you drop a KB on it they dont work....

Seriously I don't get how people can trash their phones like they do.

Back