Verizon Wants $1B Discount On Yahoo Deal

HardOCP News

[H] News
To be honest, after everything that has come to light after this deal was brokered, I don't think this is an unreasonable request. I'm actually a bit surprised that Verizon didn't pull out of the deal completely.

Verizon Communications is pressing for a $1 billion discount off its pending $4.8 billion agreement to buy Yahoo, the New York Post reported, citing sources. The Yahoo deal team is pushing back hard against any attempts to negotiate the price down, the paper said. Last month Yahoo said at least 500 million of its accounts were hacked in 2014 and in a statement Verizon said it had been made aware of the breach immediately but had limited information about the matter.

i love how verizon knew about the hack before the public even knew.. great job yahoo and verizon, definitely looking out for your customers interests.

Verizon might want to pay even less if the story just above this one turns out true. At this rate, Yahoo will be paying Verizon to take Yahoo off Yahoo's hands.

After all the crap Yahoo has pulled over the last 2 plus years, if I were Verizon I'd run the hell away. No telling what else Yahoo hasn't revealed that they should have...

After all the crap Yahoo has pulled over the last 2 plus years, if I were Verizon I'd run the hell away. No telling what else Yahoo hasn't revealed that they should have...

i would too but they don't actually want the company, they just want all the assets and licenses the company has and throw away the rest of it. now is all that worth 4.8b? probably not so good luck to verizon trying to force the price down.

Yahoo is the gift that keeps on giving, it's like having a GoPro in the limo when Pizza the Hutt ate himself to death.

$1B? i'd run the other way, save your whole shit.. one dinosaur buying another...

Yahoo! owns Tumblr, which is probably a shitload more valuable to Verizon than anything else.

Verizon buying Yahoo is a terrible mistake. Maybe they think they can chop it up for more $ but I have a feeling something else is hiding at Yahoo.

Back