Verizon upgrade is up - Galaxy Nexus or is something better coming soon?

Talon

2[H]4U
My Verizon upgrade is available on the 10th, and I've been looking to get a Galaxy Nexus.

Is there anything coming out soon (within a month or so) that would make me regret getting this phone now instead of waiting?

Maybe the Moto Droid Fighter. Not sure what the internals will be, but I think it will be out in the next month or so considering Moto's flagship phone launch schedule (launch a new slightly better phone every 2 months). Also, the Incredible 4G should be out soon too. It only has a qHD screen, but I think the internals will be a bit faster than anything on Verizon right now.

I have the Galaxy Nexus though and love it. It's a great phone, but I would recommend getting the $25 extended battery so you can have a spare battery. I don't need mine most of the time, but when I do, it's pretty handy.

I've been holding off my Verizon upgrade since I was eligible, last November. Some pretty hot new phones are on the way over the next few months. I say wait at least until we get some reliable specifics on them.

I got my upgrade coming in a month and it will sit unused till SGS3 is out

I got my upgrade coming in a month and it will sit unused till SGS3 is out

That's what I did for the GS II and Verizon didn't get it, lol. I was:

Rage.jpg

I wanted a GS2 so badly that I left Verizon and went to Sprint for it.

After less than a week on Sprint, I was:

Rage.jpg

Went back to Verizon, got my old plan & unlimited data reactivated and now am waiting, hoping the GS3 makes it to the red team.

I got my upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but I, too, am holding out for a GSIII on the big V. If they don't get it, I'll just stick with my Dx for a while longer.

I picked up a Galaxy Nexus about 2 weeks ago -- loving it. Ditched sprint....

yeah I'm paying more, but I get upwards of 25-27Mbps down on my PHONE... holy balls I love LTE. Sure I'm paying an extra 15 dollars a month, who cares though, it kicks the crap out of my HTC Evo and paltry 3G speeds. The shitty part was paying 10 extra dollars a month for "premium data" when I couldn't even get WiMax anywhere near where I lived.

Back