Verizon To Proceed With Yahoo Bid, Google Weighs Offer

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Bloomberg, Verizon is making a bid to buy Yahoo's web business as early as next week, while Google is said to be "weighing" an offer as well. The report goes on to say that Verizon is also willing to buy the company's $8.5 billion stake in Yahoo Japan if it helps seal the deal.

Verizon Communications Inc. plans to make a first-round bid for Yahoo Inc.’s Web business next week, and is willing to acquire the company’s Yahoo Japan Corp. stake to help sweeten the offer, according to people familiar with the matter. Google, the main division of Alphabet Inc., is also considering bidding for Yahoo’s core business, a separate person said.

I really don't like companies that own the means of communication also owning the content. Similar to Comcast and NBC.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
I really don't like companies that own the means of communication also owning the content. Similar to Comcast and NBC.
It's just part of the natural evolution until everything is owned by 3 companies.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
As long as they don't change Yahoo Auctions Japan, I really don't care who owns it

Given that Yahoo is my primary personal email address I would prefer Google to take over than Verizon, but as long as they don't hurt my email I don't care either way.

Back