Verizon Threatens To Sue FCC Over Title II

Verizon vs Government....
It's like asking who you trust more, a pathological liar or a pathological liar.

Verizon vs Government....
It's like asking who you trust more, a pathological liar or a pathological liar.
Pick up a telephone and make a call. Hear any commercials?

Turn on cable TV. Same question.

This sounds a lot like the inmates telling the warden that security is good enough.

I mean, c'mon, those fences are really tall.

There's a little secret the government, especially the White House, won't tell you about classifying the Internet as a Common Carrier Utility. It makes it easier for them to tap your communications. This way, they are able to tap directly into your communications without a warrant. Currently, they can only gather meta data, or the type of communication you do and the targets, without a warrant. With the Internet as a Common Carrier Utility, they'll be able to tap directly into the data transferring back and forth.

Where previously, they could tell where you were sending your emails and what web site you are visiting, with this change, they can actually read your emails and look at what you are reading. They already have the tools they need to decrypt anything with less than 1024-bit encryption in real time.

Government: Don't trust them. Don't believe them. They lie.

From what I can tell the NSA will happily already decode anything you send if for whatever reason your traffic exits outside the USA.

Visit a website in england? Okay your traffic is fair game.
Mail a friend in england? Okay your traffic is fair game
Play a game which bounces relays routes anywhere OUTSIDE the USA? Yep you're fair game.

All perfectly legal. And as the NSA has said, "We really can't determine the endpoint of all traffic sometimes, so legitimate US only communications do get snarled sometimes"

So basically they are using loopholes and excuses to poke into your private life anyway.

So if being a common carrier gives them legal access, we should fight them on two fronts. Even if they weren't allowed to be a common carrier, we would still have to fight the forces that think our private lives don't mean a thing.

Any way

<raises middle finger to verizon>See you in court</raises middle finger to verizon>

Pick up a telephone and make a call. Hear any commercials?

Turn on cable TV. Same question.

Yes. At times I do.
Every time I call a place of business like retail stores or banks, I'm held hostage in automated systems that ramble endless promotions while waiting to speak to a person.
Plus Verizon does FIOS as well, and there are commercials on their cable channels.

Verizon were being held under 706 for net nutrailty, they sued and won, the court told the FCC they had no legale standing to use 706 in that way, however if they had classified them under Title II that would be diffrent, so now the FCC is going to do that.

also Verizon is already under Title II for a few things so that they could get subsidies to expand FIOS... millions were sent to the big V to do so... where are we now? no FIOS expansion in 4 years, and will Verizon refund the tax payers the money they spent to allow non-expansion? nope.. I say fuck em... classify the entire company under title II and be done with it.

Looks like someone has been reading too much from democraticunderground.com

Hmm, what part are you specifically disputing? Basic human incentives? Or the PATRIOT Act reauthorization votes? Last re-authorization:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll036.xml

AYES NOES PRES NV
REPUBLICAN 210 27 3
DEMOCRATIC 65 117 11
INDEPENDENT
TOTALS 275 144 1

64% of the House Dem's voted against it, while 88% of the House Repub's voted for it. Other than that, I'm not sure what else in that post is really that disputable, unless you think all parties involved (Repub's and Dem's) are stupid, and don't have incentives to make themselves look good and the other party bad?

Hmm, what part are you specifically disputing? Basic human incentives? Or the PATRIOT Act reauthorization votes? Last re-authorization:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll036.xml

AYES NOES PRES NV
REPUBLICAN 210 27 3
DEMOCRATIC 65 117 11
INDEPENDENT
TOTALS 275 144 1

64% of the House Dem's voted against it, while 88% of the House Repub's voted for it. Other than that, I'm not sure what else in that post is really that disputable, unless you think all parties involved (Repub's and Dem's) are stupid, and don't have incentives to make themselves look good and the other party bad?

Yep both parties need to be fired. I was responding to the asinine statement about fox viewers. His bias shows through and he needs to maybe take a step back and learn how to think again.

Yes. At times I do.
Every time I call a place of business like retail stores or banks, I'm held hostage in automated systems that ramble endless promotions while waiting to speak to a person.
Plus Verizon does FIOS as well, and there are commercials on their cable channels.
I'm referring, obviously, to commercials imposed by the service providers. They're illegal on our telephone network, as they've been since 1934, and should/soon will be illegal on our internet. Comcast's eventual goal is to convert the internet into simply an alternate delivery method for their relentless legalized extortion.

Back