Verizon phone with best signal strength

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, so I am looking for a verizon phone with the best signal strength. I prefer flip phone, but I'm open to the new kinds. I had a Samsung a930, which I replaced with a990 that i bought on ebay. From what I read online it was supposed to have good signal strength, but after having it for a day, I noticed it is horrible. I used to be able to get a signal in basement, and a strong one anywhere else in the house with the a930. Now the a990 barely gets a signal on the first and second floors. So obviously what I read online isn't true, or something is messed up with the phone. I also tried doing *228 to update roaming in hopes that it would help, but no go. So now I am looking for another phone. Let me know of any suggestions. Thanks.

I am looking for the same information.
Verizon and Motorola are no help on this issue.

I live 3 miles between three Cell towers, all the phones I have had cutout, drop or just don't work. I have a lot of trees and tall buildings around.

I have had a RAZR that worked for a while but had 4 of them die within 6 months, with charging or software issues.
since then I have had a W355, RAZR Max, LG8350 all with the same poor performance.

The best I have found is this webpage listing all the phones with their SAR radiation levels, or amount of radiated power.
http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-radiation-levels/

but it does not list the DB gain of the internal antenna or sensitivity of the phones.

Go on eBay, grab a Motorola e815. Trust me.

Actually, don't trust me, because trusting anyone without a source is dumb. Just look around for posts on the e815 on HowardForums and you'll see it has a bit of a reputation.

thanks for the info,

it still would be nice, to see transmit power, and reception db gain for different devices, any cell phones would be good.

Go on eBay, grab a Motorola e815. Trust me.

Actually, don't trust me, because trusting anyone without a source is dumb. Just look around for posts on the e815 on HowardForums and you'll see it has a bit of a reputation.

QFT. The e185s are old phones, but they are probably my favorite phone ever. Superior call quality in comparison to anything I've had, and quite good. Reception is strong as well.

My Blackberry has the best signal strength of all the phones I've had, but the call quality isn't all that super. I'm hoping this wave of BBs coming up will fix that problem.

I'll agree with the E815, I would have gotten either an Instinct, Dare or IPhone by now if any of them worked 1/2 as well as an E815 did. Well, as a phone anyways. Bottom of the Grand Canyon to Atlantic City, WY (Population ~57, painted on the damn sign), it's always worked. Granted, that's partially Verizon's network, but also the phone.

Back