Verizon Offers 'Tech Support Pro' For $10 More a Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention Verizon customers! You can now get "Tech Support Pro" for only $10 a month! Don't want to cough up an extra $120 a year for good tech support? No problem, you can just stick with the crappy overseas customer service that is open between 9a - 5p, and has agonizing one hour hold times for FREE!

Verizon this week unveiled a new premium tech support option that will cover every connected device in the home -- for an additional $10 per month. According to the company's announcement, "Tech Support Pro" is now being offered to both DSL and FiOS customers, giving Verizon customers a 24/7 customer support line providing help on everything from your laptop to your smart refrigerator. The service costs $15 per month if you bundle it with the FiOS Quantum Router (which alone costs $10/month to rent).

Man, they just want more and more of our money, don't they? (I am a Road runner subscriber which is not cheap either.) I cannot even purchase FIOS where I am at but, why would I pay to have someone ask me if I have rebooted my computer or modem yet?

This has to be the ultimate stupidity test to see what nitwits will pay for. ;)

There are plenty of services that I have that I gladly pay a premium for quality local tech support. My phone is not one of them, any time I have ever had to contact my carrier over the span of the last 20 years has been because they messed up. You should not have to pay a premium to talk to somebody in the event that they screwed up so you can tell them how badly they just screwed up. If anything more people should start sending their carriers bills for the time it takes to deal with their support and wait on hold to get the refund when they double charge your account.

Well, wait a minute now. What does it cover?

I'm certainly no Verizon fanboi, but if they are offering support, including the OS, machine and everything then $10 a month is not really that bad.

If it's for Verizon services only, fuck them. They should already be provided adequate tech support.

Nothing changes except Rajiv, aka Roger, speaks the most fluent phone center script, line by line.

For $280 dollars a year they will remember your name and call you back when promised.

Well, wait a minute now. What does it cover?

I'm certainly no Verizon fanboi, but if they are offering support, including the OS, machine and everything then $10 a month is not really that bad.

If it's for Verizon services only, fuck them. They should already be provided adequate tech support.
Given the difficulty that the telecommunications industries seem to have with terms like "Unlimited", I'm not optimistic on the "Tech Support Pro" being any more knowledgeable about your computer and OS issues than the former Foot Locker employees who populate the Geek Squad.

Tech support of random issues from unknown people for $10....the quality of service is gonna be spectacular!

Sounds like Verizon. Their coverage was always the best when I had them but you got nickle and dimed into poverty for that privilege.

I think some Verizon executive looked at his Comcast bill and said to himself, "$ 5.99/mth for house wiring protection. We can do BETTER!!"

"Hello, Verizon? Can you tell me why my IoT beer cooler refuses to accept a connection from your supplied router/modem?"

Last edited:
Well, at least the service will be swift. As you know all canned tech support processes end at step 3, which dictates "Reinstall Windows".

Pretty misleading writeup from Steve. I've never had issues with verizons tech support nor had long wait times.
This service sounds like they'll help you with non-verizon related equipment.
Might be good for somebodys grand parents. You already know if ypur grandparents often need a techy helping hand though.

Pretty misleading writeup from Steve. I've never had issues with verizons tech support nor had long wait times.
This service sounds like they'll help you with non-verizon related equipment.
Might be good for somebodys grand parents. You already know if ypur grandparents often need a techy helping hand though.

Install linux on your grandparents computer. They will never have another computer issue and love you even more.

Attention Verizon customers! You can now get "Tech Support Pro" for only $10 a month! Don't want to cough up an extra $120 a year for good tech support? No problem, you can just stick with the crappy overseas customer service that is open between 9a - 5p, and has agonizing one hour hold times for FREE!

Verizon this week unveiled a new premium tech support option that will cover every connected device in the home -- for an additional $10 per month. According to the company's announcement, "Tech Support Pro" is now being offered to both DSL and FiOS customers, giving Verizon customers a 24/7 customer support line providing help on everything from your laptop to your smart refrigerator. The service costs $15 per month if you bundle it with the FiOS Quantum Router (which alone costs $10/month to rent).

hahahahahahahahaahahahhahhahaahahahahahahahahah......Hahahahaahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahahah...Oh god....can't breath from laughing so hard..

I would pay $10 extra a month for FIOS to go back to Verizon and Frontier to die a quick bloody death.

Back