Verizon Issues

sd11

[H]ard|Gawd
So over the past year my DSL speed has slowly dropped through the ground, to where it's just unusable.

This is verified on a Windows 7 desktop, Win 7 laptop, linux laptop, PS3 and Wii.... speed is just abysmal on all of them. Gaming is impossible, downloading any update takes the machines out of commission for hours, ect.

The last time I was able to run DSL reports, my downloads were in the kbs. I should have 1.5mb down.

In the past I periodically replaced the DSL filters to get a speed increase, but that doesn't seem to be doing much now, and nothing can get online. I'm blaming the modem, old POS westell 327 and thinking now is probably the time to invest in a better one. Any suggestions on a good one?

bypassed your router to verify that isn't it?

for router suggestions... look at the router suggestion thread stickied at the top

bypassed your router to verify that isn't it?

for router suggestions... look at the router suggestion thread stickied at the top

I just have the basic modem/router they sent me, nothing more. It has 4 ethernet out and wireless so I really don't need more.

As per the phone, Verizon ran a check on me and said it was all fine, so that leaves one thing. And since nothing works over it, I'm blaming that.

I just have the basic modem/router they sent me, nothing more. It has 4 ethernet out and wireless so I really don't need more.

As per the phone, Verizon ran a check on me and said it was all fine, so that leaves one thing. And since nothing works over it, I'm blaming that.

ergh, sorry. You asked for a modem replacement. That's somewhere I have absolutely no experience anymore :p

Bummers well if verizon can't figure out the problem then I would suggest going to a different ISP.

Otherwise if verizon would like to keep my business they would double/triple check my lines and do some quality control on that shit til I get 80-90% of the service speed I'm paying for.

i was having problems with verizon as well, kept complaning till they replaced my modem, had techs check for unused bridge taps in my area, and then moved me to a different router. worst part is, i still have issues with mine but i get pretty close to my rated speed, its just the ping thats killing me now 60ms is just not acceptable IMO.

LOL, 60ms from my edge router to the next hop. my average traceroute to websites is usually high, upwards of 120ms in areas within like 100 miles. heck to EVGA i have averaged around 300ms.

Back