Verizon hops onboard the Cloud Texting bandwagon

I can't wait til Google's unified messaging app comes out. I've converted most of my family and friends to G-Talk since it's faster and more reliable than SMS (in my experience) messaging. But I really hate that you can't attach pics/vids to your messages like in MMS. I only have to do it occasionally, so it's not too big of a deal, but it's a simple feature that G-Talk should support just like iMessage and BBM does.

I must say I do love data based texting. SMS is nice and all that, but it's slow, limited, and rather unreliable

Gtalk is okay -- I have terrible luck with the web interface in my gmail thought. I use "WhatApp" quite a lot with one of my buddies, it's super fast, highly customizeable, and totally free.

I realize SMS is still pretty important during disaster times when voice and data networks get overloaded, if we can get super reliable data service to most cell phones, I'd love to see SMS/MMS go the way of the dodo.

Problem is - the evil big 3 providers here in the US will find a way to charge even more for something you are already paying for

Back