Verizon Customers Are Amidst a Nationwide Data Blackout

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gizmodo has confirmed with Verizon, the company is currently experiencing a nationwide data outage. So, If you are a Verizon customer with no data service this morning, don't panic, you are not alone.

If you're a Verizon customer and your phone isn't connecting to data this morning, it's not just you. Verizon has confirmed that its data is down across the nation, though apparently NY is doing just fine. Your make/model of phone has nothing to do with the problem, as everything from Blackberries to Droids are equally affected by the outage.

Droid in AZ has been working since at least 7:45am in AZ. They must have fixed it quickly.

Yea I get to the internet just fine. Quick fix, but I guess that why we pay them all that money.

My phone has been working fine all morning and was streaming radio at 6am.. Calling shens on that article...

I had problems early this morning around 7:30 am. When I tried again at about 8:30 before class it was fine.

Both my WinMo Touch Pro 2 phone and tm2 Tablet PC with integrated 3G are working better today than they have in awhile actually. My connection speeds have been VERY slow the last couple of days. I was actually getting ready to call Verizon about it.

Posting from my Droid. I haven't had any problems at all this morning. I, too, call shens on the article.

Lol at teh comment "Hey at&t! make a map! but be quick, it won't last long."

I was down for about 20 minutes. Annoying because it happened to overlap my drive to work, so no Pandora en route. Given that it was the first time that I lost coverage since getting my Droid on release day, I'm not going to bother dusting off the pitchfork just yet. More than anything, it reminded me why I'm glad to no longer be using AT&T, because I used to have to deal with outages quite a bit with them.

But I bet VZW will still charge a bogus fee at the end of this billing cycle. :rolleyes:

I been getting coverage all day but with no 3G. Restarted my Droid and everything is back to normal.

Lol at teh comment "Hey at&t! make a map! but be quick, it won't last long."

Yup, surely AT&T will have ads up for the next 6 months with a Verizon map showing no coverage at all.*

* With a very tiny disclaimer showing that it was only affective for a certain date.

I
But I bet VZW will still charge a bogus fee at the end of this billing cycle. :rolleyes:

I've been a VZW customer for 10 years and I've never seen a charge on my bill that shouldn't have been there.

Yup, surely AT&T will have ads up for the next 6 months with a Verizon map showing no coverage at all.*

* With a very tiny disclaimer showing that it was only affective for a certain date.

I can see the lawsuit now:

Verizon - "Judge, we want to you to stop them from running this ad"
Judge - "So you had coverage then?"
Verizon - "Well no"
Judge- "And they provided the same type of disclaimer you provided in your ads?"
Verizon- "uhh... well... yeah...."
Judge "case dismissed"

It's all those damned maps!

They kept falling in people's soup!

Been on Pandora almost all day without issue on my Tour. No problems here.

I was at work, on my Droid from 0230 to 1430. Never a hiccup. Puget Sound area close to Seattle

I

I've been a VZW customer for 10 years and I've never seen a charge on my bill that shouldn't have been there.
Wow, consider yourself extremely lucky and in the very small minority. And also, you realize you'll get a bogus charge or 2 in your next bill. :D :p

Wow, consider yourself extremely lucky and in the very small minority. And also, you realize you'll get a bogus charge or 2 in your next bill. :D :p

LOL 99% of the time I pay the bill on time, but if I'm late by a couple days, they'll tack on a late fee... Of something like EIGHT CENTS. I'm looking at the bill like, "OK, I was late... Sure, I'll suck that up. But why did they bother with eight cents?" LOL

They've been really good to me. They even waved an overage fee for me once when I had a textaholic ex-GF and I didn't ever think about what texting plan I had at the time.

It's pretty much a guarantee if you switch anything with your plan in the middle of a billing cycle, they will screw up your bill.

LOL 99% of the time I pay the bill on time, but if I'm late by a couple days, they'll tack on a late fee... Of something like EIGHT CENTS. I'm looking at the bill like, "OK, I was late... Sure, I'll suck that up. But why did they bother with eight cents?" LOL

They've been really good to me. They even waved an overage fee for me once when I had a textaholic ex-GF and I didn't ever think about what texting plan I had at the time.
Good luck in your next billing cycle. That's good that they only charge a few cents for being a day or 2 late. Some utility companies charge several bucks if you're late by even a day. (Some utility companies have a grace period, but some customers may consider that as the actual deadline.)

Texting w/o a text plan can get costly. That's good they waived it. A coworker w/ AT&T got it waived, too, one month when he got a bunch of texts from a system he was monitoring b/c everything went haywire. In my case, there have been a few times where I got bogus charges from VZW, but I was able to get them removed every time (it was always their fault). One time, several years ago, it took me a few months to dispute it, but it was finally taken care of. It was frustrating, though.

I actually had them charge me for data I had used with my old plan, but then NOT charge me the right price for my plan, so I decided to call it even as it was a $25 error in my favor ;).

Back