Verizon co-locating on tower ... need a dark fiber tap

MadJuggla9

2[H]4U
I have a 200mb circuit over 2 sets of PTPs. Each PTP is just over 7 miles (this is as close as fiber ran ~10 years ago to this day).

A few weeks ago Verizon was able to tap into some dark fiber distributed by the electric company. Verizon is putting equipment on our tower. Since they are bringing fiber so closely I want to alleviate these long backhauls and be able to really utilize my bandwidth.

I've got the emergency contact location and contacted ATT but (as expected) they still do not own/lease any fiber closer to our main location.

Before shooting myself in the foot and going through 10 middlemen, who can I contact to seal this deal? Am I looking at a headache will these public routes being routed through ATT's network vs another?

Just look at who is doing the install at the VZW Tower and watch for their truck then call them up and see what it'll take for you to get fiber.

Just look at who is doing the install at the VZW Tower and watch for their truck then call them up and see what it'll take for you to get fiber.

I have done this. The guys probably thought I was stalking them (which I sort of was), but I got my fiber quote.

I have asked on the UBNT forums a while back, but I want another take from someone that has done it. I am in west Tennessee.

Apparently ATT has access to the lines that the electric company is utilizing. I'm not sure who verizon is going through to lay cable to the nearest tap or where the physical location of the nearest center is (I'm thinking 2 counties away according to 2 sources). I'm not sure if I need to contact ATT, the electric company or talk to verizon (which I don't want to do) ... I'm wanting the fiber to be ran by them and then tap into it just a few feet away and bypass dealing with Verizon.

ATT quoted the moving price and can utilize the circuit once it has been ran given an E911 location.

Back